2

Taehyung rested his elbows on the railing on the balcony, looking up at the dark sky, as he held the handle of the cup in his hands. He placed his palms on the cup, feeling the warmth from the hot espresso.

"Taehyung?" he turned around when he heard someone calling him. He placed the cup on the table, "In the balcony" soon, he saw the curtains sliding to the side and Jin walked in, "Hey" Taehyung raised his eyebrows, "Oh, do you want something?" Jin crossed his arms against his chest and glared at Taehyung, "Oh, should I only come to you when I want something from you?" Taehyung immediately shook his head, "When did I say that? come on"

Both the males settled down on the couch, Taehyung rested his hands on the armrest of the couch, while Jin leaned back and cleared his throat, "Jimin told me something today" Taehyung looked at him and raised his eyebrows, "So, you did come here because you wanted something from me?" Jin gave him a stern look, "Taehyung" the said male sighed, "Sorry, go on with what you were saying"

"So, you see. . ." Jin trailed off, "Yes, I'm seeing hyu- AH" Taehyung rubbed the back of his head as Jin smacked his head. Jin glared at him, "Stop throwing comments here and there and listen to me" Taehyung rolled his eyes and crossed his arms against his chest, "Why did you guys break up 3 years back, Taehyung?"

Taehyung eyes widened, suddenly his body grew tense which Jin noticed, but he didn't say anything and just waited for Taehyung to reply, "I just didn't like him... like I thought I did" Taehyung answered finally, doubt lacing his voice. Jin raised his eyebrows, "Yeah, you don't like him?"

"Yeah I don't" Taehyung answered firmly, taking the cup back from the table and took a sip from it, fixing his gaze on the railing, "Taehyung, you literally look at Jimin like he's your world." Taehyung laughed, humorlessly, "If you see me looking at him like that, you're wrong. Something is wrong with your eyes" Jin rolled his eyes, "Every time he gets sick, you take care of him and worry about him like he's in his deathbed"

"He's my best friend, of course I'll worry about him. Even if you guys get sick, I'll be worried. Stop misunderstanding my care for something else" Jin nodded his head, humming slightly, "Then your soft spot for him?" Taehyung sniggered, "I don't have any soft spots for him, I treat him just like I treat everyone. Why are you bombarding me with so many questions?"

"You- who hates showing emotions, feels free to show it to Jimin. May I ask why?" Taehyung glared at him and placed the cup on the table and stood up, "If you are trying to make me tell you that I like him, then stop it, hyung. I don't like him, he's my best friend and that's all he ever will be!" He spat out and was about to walk out but his eyes widened when he saw Jimin standing there, holding the curtain, hurt clearly visible on his eyes.

Taehyung felt a pang on his chest. How much did he hear?

Taehyung parted his lips to say something but quickly closed it right after. Jin furrowed his eyebrows up in confusion and followed Taehyung gaze and his eyes landed on Jimin. Oh, shit.

Jimin immediately shoved his hurt away and looked at Taehyung awkwardly, "Your dad is here, Taehyung. He wanted me to get you" Taehyung nodded at him and looked at Jin, "I'll be back hyung" Jin nodded awkwardly as Taehyung turned to Jimin, who turned around and started walking away as Taehyung followed him.

Taehyung ran up and caught up with Jimin and grabbed him by his arms, stopping him and made him look at him, Jimin looked at him confusingly, "Hey, Jimin about what I said there-"