16.

I spent the entire time living in a dream.
but when I returned to reality...
You had my two eyes blindfolded.
and abandoned me in the forest
all alone...
Where should I go now?

▬▬

2 years later...

A sigh escaped the blue haired male's lips, as he went through the hospital halls, glancing around. He eventually made it to room 103. He held the doorknob and took a deep breath getting himself ready to see his father and pushed the door open. His heart clenched when his eyes landed on his father.

He made his way over to the bed in a couple of strides and pulled a chair next to his hospital bed and sat down, "Hey dad" he smiled slightly and took his hands on his, "I miss you, I miss you so much" The blue-haired man took a deep breath and tugged on his lips, "Everything is perfect here. Even Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung are going to get married, amazing, right?"

The male waited for his father to wake up and reply him, but he got nothing, his eyes was still closed and Taehyung couldn't do anything to wake him up. He sighed and leaned his back on the chair. He moved his head to the side when he heard a door click, the door opened and the nurse walked in but stopped when she saw Taehyung, "Oh, Mr Kim, you're early today"

Taehyung shrugged in reply. The nurse smiled at him, "I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I need to take some tests" Taehyung stood up and looked at her, blankly, "No, it's okay... You go ahead, I was about to leave anyways" The nurse nodded and walked to Taehyung father bed, "Alright then" Taehyung turned around and walked out.

After 20 minutes, he parked his car near his home and got out of the car and locked it. He stuffed his one hand in his pocket and began twirling the car keys on his index finger on his other hand and made his way to his home.

"Where were you?" Jin questioned as soon as Taehyung walked in and Taehyung shrugged, "Hospital" he spoke, tossing the keys to the table. He strolled over to the couch and sat down next to Jin, who was hesitantly peering at him. Seeming to notice it, Taehyung looked at him and raised his eyebrows, "What?"

Jin parted his lips to say something, but sighed and looked away, "Nothing" Taehyung rolled his eyes and leaned his head back on the couch and closed his eyes, "Just tell me" Jin looked at him, "It's been two years" Taehyung hummed and rubbed his eyes with his fisted hands, his eyes remaining close, "Yeah, so?"

"It's been two years since he left" Taehyung opened his eyes and looked at Jin, "And we haven't heard a word from him, aren't you worried?" Taehyung sat up straight and glared at the elder, "How many times do I have to tell you not to bring him up? If you were that worried, you should have just left with him."

This has always been the case. Taehyung pretended like nothing happened the next day after Jimin left two years back and constantly became angry whenever someone brought up Jimin's name, but Jin never stopped trying since he was the one Taehyung was close to, he constantly brought up Jimin's name to elicit a reaction out of him, but all he got was fury.

But he was worried not just about Taehyung, but also about Jimin, whom he hadn't heard from in over two years. Jin doesn't even know if he was alive, but all he can hope for is that he is safe wherever he is.

There were times when Jin wanted to tell Taehyung about why Jimin did what he did, but the promise he made to Jimin kept him from doing so. He cast a glance at Taehyung, "I asked Namjoon to look for him and when we find him, we are going to invite him to our wedding" Taehyung raised his eyebrows, "And why are you telling me this?"

Jin looked at him with expected eyes and Taehyung rolled his eyes, "I don't care, just tell him not to come in front of my eyes because I'll seriously... kill him if he does" Jin raised his eyebrows, "You're afraid that if you meet him again, your walls will crumble."

Taehyung glared at him, "Park Jimin was only a chapter in my life and I closed that chapter 2 years back. So, put an end to your illogical fantasies!" He lashed out at him and stood up and walked away, making his way to his room. Jin sighed, "Keep telling that to yourself, Kim Taehyung"

Taehyung was on his way to his room but stopped when he was crossing the room that Jimin stayed in, two years back. He took a deep breath, it's been two years since he stepped inside this room. He closed his eyes. No, don't do it, don't do it.

He grabbed the doorknob and pushed the door open, only to find the room empty, no Jimin, just eerie silence and vacant. The room, which had earlier been vibrant, was now deserted. The room, which had previously been alive with laughing, was suddenly deafeningly quiet. The room that Taehyung loved going into once, was now making his heart clench.

He walked into the room, closing the door behind him. He strolled up to the bed and sat down, without bothering to switch on the lights. He rested his hands on his chest, as he parted his lips and let out a shaky breath. Tears started pricking his eyes, he instantly blinked the tears away as he laid down on the bed, his hand still on his chest as he stared at the ceiling. A distinct memory was playing on his head.

5 years back...

"Tae- stop it!" Jimin laughed as he tried to hold Taehyung hands who was tickling him, Jimin was laughing so hard that tears started rolling down the corner of his eyes, his eyes disappearing into half moons. Taehyung laughed looking at Jimin laughter.

"Tae...stop" Jimin wheezed, laughing harder and Taehyung grew tired and retreated his hands back and laid back on the couch, laughing and holding his stomach. Jimin let out deep breaths, still laughing. He grabbed the pillow and smacked Taehyung's face with it. The younger continued laughing while Jimin kept attacking him with a pillow.

Taehyung took hold of Jimin wrist, making Jimin to drop the pillow and pulled Jimin closer, wounding his arms around Jimin and nuzzled his nose on Jimin hair, who smiled unconsciously and rested his head on Taehyung chest, "This feels good..." Taehyung mumbled, "I can stay like this forever"

"Same, tae. Same"

Present.

Taehyung swallowed the lump he felt in his throat as he gripped onto the fabrics of his shirt on his chest and stared at the ceiling, "I hate you."

"But why does my heart hurt?"

▬▬

1233 words.

I was planning on having a time skip and when I read comments of you all wanting a time skip for few years, and I was like 👀

djsdhsk I hope you enjoyed it <3

I was actually planning on updating The night we met, and I even wrote half of it, but then I got stuck, running out of ideas. 💀