23 (final)

If you can, listen to the song "him and I" while reading this chapter. I listened to that song while writing this chapter, and it kinda paired <3

▬▬

5 days later.

Everyone started leaving except Taehyung, who was wearing a black clothes. A sad expression in his face as he looked at the place his father was buried.  Jimin, who was walking away, stopped walking after noticing Taehyung wasn't coming with him. He turned around and looked at Taehyung, who was standing glued to one place, hanging his head down, and Jimin frowned. Jimin was discharged from the hospital two days back, he had to convince Jin a lot to do that and Jin finally agreed, and today they held Mr Kim funeral. 

He was worried about Taehyung the whole time, because all he did was tell the speech and remained quiet, not a tear was shed. He sighed and walked to Taehyung and placed his hands on his shoulder. Taehyung closed his eyes and inhaled a deep breath. Jimin slowly wrapped his arms around his torso from the back and rested his head on Taehyung nape. Taehyung opened his eyes and placed his hands on top of Jimin's, "It hurts, Jimin. It hurts," he spoke, his voice barely above whisper, but Jimin heard it nonetheless. He pressed a soft kiss on Taehyung shoulder, "I know" 

Taehyung turned around on Jimin arms, and wrapped his arms around Jimin waist as Jimin gunshot wound on his back shoulder was still healing, and buried his face in the crook of Jimin shoulder,  Jimin immediately adjusted his arms, and wrapped them around Taehyung neck, weaving his hands on Taehyung hair. Soon, Jimin felt something wet on his shirt and soft sniffles could be heard, and Taehyung body began shaking slightly. Jimin just tightened his hold around Taehyung and let him cry, because Jimin knows Taehyung has to let it out.

Jimin closed his eyes and rubbed Taehyung back, gingerly. Hearing Taehyung painful sobbing was definitely heartbreaking, it's not like he has never seen Taehyung crying before, he has, but it's still was heartbreaking because Taehyung rarely ever cries because he was always been the person who believed that crying makes you weak, and he didn't want to be weak, but today he just lost it. It was his last straw. He was just really tired. So tired of this lifestyle. 

"I won't say it'll be okay, tae, I won't say it won't be hard, I won't say it will all be over" Jimin mumbled, rubbing his back, "If I said that, it would be a lie" he spoke softly and pulled away to look at Taehyung, who had tears rolling down his cheeks, his nose and cheeks turning pink in the process. Jimin gently cupped his face and made him look at him, "But you will never be alone through all that. Yes, it won't be okay, but it will be better, and I'll be by your side." 

Taehyung wiped his tears, pulling away from Jimin and took a step back, "All I really did was hurt you so why are you still here...?" he mumbled, looking up at Jimin with his tear-streaked eyes, "Just leave me already, why are you still here?!" he shouted, tears cascading down his cheeks, Jimin just smiled sadly, "Why can't you see it? I can't" he mumbled, taking a step toward and taking Taehyung hands in his, "When I ran away, I really thought this universe was really against us, and that's why I planned on not coming back, I felt satisfied with watching you from afar, but somehow..." 

"We met again" Jimin looked up at Taehyung, "Can't you see Taehyung? Just like you told me two years back... no matter how much we try to stay away from each other, something always pulls you toward me and something always pulls me toward you once again, just like the gravity"

"We are not meant to be apart, Taehyung. We are meant to be together, life was just testing us, and we have been big idiots that we failed to see that" Taehyung just stared at him, taking all his words, Jimin cupped his face gently, and wiped his tears with the pad of his thumb, "But this is your life, Taehyung. You are the only one who knows what you really want, it's your choice whether you want me in your life or not. I'll support whatever you will decide Taehyung and if you want me to leave you..." he trailed off and swallowed the lump he felt in his throat.