17.

Have you ever been scared of being happy?

Jimin had always thought that the notion of happiness is silly and merely a human-created fantasy, but when confronted with truth... it hurts. He wishes he could escape away from this reality world and into the realm of illusion, just like he ran away from everything and everyone. That would be pretty simple.

Since the day he was born, he was always treated with hate, he grew in hate. When all the other kids were playing outside, enjoying their youth, Jimin had to conceal his injuries that his parents inflicted him every day and all he truly wanted was kindness from someone... some sort of comfort. After being treated cruelly, he wanted to be handled softly. That was all he wanted, and he got it, but then he lost it.

Here he was, standing in the Han river. His elbows were resting on the railing, a black mask draped over his face, and he held the bill of his cap as he turned his head to the side to gaze at the blue-haired guy, who was standing far away from him, his eyes fixed on the river, oblivious to the fact that Jimin was watching him.

After he left Kim mansion and liondale 2 years back, he always watched Taehyung from afar. He was just happy to be able to watch him from a distance without getting caught by Taehyung or any of his friends. He was just adept at hiding and disguising himself. He didn't need anything else, he was satisfied with seeing Taehyung from afar. 

He would be happy to see Taehyung now, if he didn't see a cigarette resting between his two fingers. Jimin frowned when he saw Taehyung puffing the cigarette and letting out a cloud of smoke. Jimin wanted to march up to him, take his cigarette, and toss it away, but he can't do that. When did you start smoking, Taehyung?

A sigh left his lips as he watched Taehyung turning around to leave, taking another puff from the cigarette. Jimin checked whether his mask was on the place, before clutching the bill of his cap and tugging it down, almost obscuring his eyes. He made his way toward Taehyung, who didn't notice him and started walking away. Jimin ran toward Taehyung in a couple of strides and intentionally bumped with him, causing Taehyung to drop the cigarette. Taehyung grumbled, glanced down at the cigarette on the ground, and then up at him, "God gave you two eyes for a reason, can't you use it?!" 

Jimin bowed down, mumbling small apologies in a low voice before running past him. Taehyung rolled his eyes and stomped on the cigarette before making his way to his car. Jimin stopped running and turned around to find Taehyung getting inside the car and driving away. Jimin sighed, "I wonder whether you are taking care of yourself..." 

He removed his cap and mask off and ruffled his pink hair. He turned around to leave when his phone rang, he groaned and pulled his phone out and checked the caller ID— Yeonsun. Jimin clutched the phone tightly and gritted his teeth, before picking it up, "What the hell do you want, Yeonsun?"  he heard a chuckle from the other line, "That's not the way you talk to your boss, Jimin. Should I have to remind you that you work under me?" 

"By force!" 

"Force or not, I'm your boss. You better respect me, Jimin. If not, you'll know what will happen" Jimin rolled his eyes and didn't reply, "Come to my office, we have something to talk about" Jimin sighed frustratingly, "And what if I say no?" 

"Then your family dies. Your choice" 

Jimin closed his eyes and ran his hands on his hair, "Fine. I'll be there" He hanged up the call and let out a frustrating scream, not caring that he was in public, he was just so frustrated and done with everything. 

▬▬

"Lim" Jimin gritted his teeth as soon as he entered his office. Yeonsun looked up from the files he was reading, soon a smirk made its way to his lips and Jimin clenched his fists. He really wanted to wipe that smirk of his face, "Ah, Jimin, you are here" 

"Cut the crap and tell me what do you want, Lim?!" Yeonsun smirk widened as he stood up and walked over to Jimin and leaned in closer and Jimin looked away, closing his eyes, his face scrunching into disgust, "I have a mission for you... If you don't do it, you know the consequences" Jimin clenched his fist, digging his nails in his palms. 

This is how it has been for the past two years. Yeonsun constantly blackmails Jimin, forcing him to go on missions and perform his work for him, and Jimin can't help but marvel how he hasn't killed him yet. Jimin despises being controlled, yet he had no choice but to let Yeonsun to rule him.

Jimin took a step back and inhaled a deep breath, before looking at Yeonsun with a glare. "What do you want me to do?" Yeonsun hummed, the smirk never leaving his lips, "Oh it's simple really" Jimin raised his eyebrows and Yeonsun laughed maniacally, "We are going to attack Liondale tonight" 

Jimin eyes widened like saucers, "W-What?" Jimin stuttered out. He wasn't sure whether he heard him right.  Yeonsun took a step toward him, "Pretty sure you heard me. We are ending the rivalry tonight."  

Jimin swallowed the lump he felt in his throat and closed his eyes, "And you know what your job is?" Jimin opened his eyes and looked at Yeonsun. 

"You should kill Kim Taehyung"

▬▬

1110 words. 

Sorry for the short chapter dgshs

I hope you enjoyed it <3

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH BTW !!!