20.

Life wasn't always easy for Taehyung. When he was child, he was always been hated by almost everyone, even by his own mom. Taehyung was always the rough kid, always getting into a lot of fights in the school when he was young. One of the name his mom gave him was— monster. 

Every time, Taehyung tried to talk her, she would call him by names and scream at him to stay away from her, sometimes she would even cry, begging him not to kill her. Taehyung didn't know why she was scared that he will kill her. Taehyung never got violent with his family. To be honest, when he was a child, all he really wanted was love from his parents, but he got none. His dad was always out and his mom only loved Gaeul.

He tried, he tried so hard for people to like him, he tried so hard to prove everyone that he's not a monster like everyone think he is, but eventually he grew tired of it so he just stopped caring about what others think about him, he stopped caring about people, he stopped trying to get people to like him. He just stopped. 

That's when Jimin entered his life, no matter how much shitty Taehyung treated him, no matter how much he pushed him away, he never once stopped trying. Till this very day, Taehyung didn't know why Jimin tried so hard to push himself in. He didn't know what he saw in him for him to love him so much.  

12 years back.

"N-No get away from me!" his mom cried as Taehyung stood there, frozen, his eyes fixated on the shattered glass on the ground. He brought water for her when he caught her coughing, but instead his mom yanked his hand away, making him drop the glass on the ground. He looked up at his mom, "Why are you doing this... what did I even do to you for you to h-hate me this much...?"  His voice broke as his eyes misted over with tears. 

"You are a monster, stay the fuck away from me!" She screamed, making Taehyung flinch. Soon, he saw Mr Kim, Gaeul running down, followed by Jimin. Gaeul and Mr Kim immediately rushed toward Mrs Kim, trying to calm her down, who was calling Taehyung by names and asking him to stay away. Taehyung couldn't take it anymore. He turned around and ran out of the house.

 He ran as fast as he could. He didn't know where he was even going, he just didn't, but he couldn't be there anymore. It was suffocating. He finally stopped running when he reached a lake. He let out a frustrating cry as he dropped to his knees on the pier, tears were cascading down his cheeks. He gripped his shirt fabrics on his chest tightly as his body shook due to his violent sobs. 

"Taehyung?" 

Taehyung eyes widened as he turned around to find Jimin, holding the tree for support, worry clearly evident on his face. The way Jimin was breathing heavily clearly indicated that he ran after Taehyung. The brunet immediately wiped the tears away and stood up, throwing a glare at him, "What the fuck are you doing here?!" 

"I ran after you" Jimin mumbled, taking his palms from the tree as he took a step toward Taehyung, but stopped when he saw Taehyung shaking his head, "Go back home, Jimin. Didn't I tell you to stay the fuck away from me?!"  Taehyung spat out, turning around to face the lake, his chest rose up and down, due to his heavy breathing. 

"My mother hates me as well"  Taehyung eyes widened when he heard Jimin speaking behind him, he clenched his fist, digging his nails in his palms, "She used to call me names." Taehyung turned around to find Jimin walking toward him, a frown rested on his lips. Taehyung didn't know why he was telling him this? what was he trying to do? 

"At some point, I used to believe her" Jimin continued, finally approaching Taehyung, "When you are told something constantly, since the day you were born, you tend to believe it" Taehyung looked away, swallowing, "But the truth is, we are just convinced with something that everyone told us, which is not true at all. You are not a monster, Taehyung. You won't become a one just because people call you that. I don't know you that well, and I don't know your life either" Taehyung looked at him, his gaze softening and Jimin gave him a small smile. 

"But no one is born as a monster. It depends on the surrounding we live in." Taehyung scoffed and glared at Jimin, "I don't want your pity" Jimin sighed, "I'm not telling you out of pity, I'm telling you out of experience. I have been in your place, Taehyung. Don't you think I'll be able to understand?" Taehyung bit his lower lip, "I'll leave you alone now, but if you need someone to talk, I'm here." Jimin smiled before turning around and walking away and Taehyung hung his head down

"Also..." Jimin stopped and turned around to look at Taehyung, who lifted his head to look at him as well, "It's okay to get help, Kim Taehyung" 

Present.

After Gaeul died, his mom was broken beyond repair, and she blamed Taehyung, who was also hurting from his brother death. After a few weeks from Gaeul death, Taehyung caught his mom standing on the railing of the rooftop, before Taehyung could stop her, she jumped off. Her last words to him were, 'I regret giving birth to a damn monster'

Taehyung was not even healed from his brother death, and he already had to mourn his mom death as well. 

Maybe he wouldn't have made it if Jimin wasn't by his side. Jimin was his support system through all his hard time. He stuck with Taehyung through the thick and thin. Jimin have seen Taehyung in his worst and still continued to stay by his side, when everyone ran away from Taehyung. Jimin stayed and helped him stay strong. 

Strong...

Taehyung eyes widened, realization dawning upon him as he averted his gaze toward Jimin, who was lying on the hospital bed, his eyes closed, an oxygen mask rested on his face as his chest raised up and down, fog formed on the oxygen mask due to his breathing. The hospital room was filled with loud beeps, indicating Jimin heartbeat. 

"You are not my weakness, Jimin..." Taehyung mumbled as he took Jimin hand on his and placed a soft kiss on the top of his hand as a stray tear escaped his eyes and fell on top of Jimin hand. He closed his eyes tightly as more tears started tumbling down his cheeks, his grip on Jimin hand tightened. He started tugging on his lips, trying to stop himself from crying. 

He inhaled  a deep breath and opened his eyes to look at Jimin and let out a sad chuckle and wiped the tears away, before resting his forehead on Jimin hand, mumbling the words, "You are my strength, you have always been my strength. Why didn't I realize it sooner?" 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I swear to god, I won't run from my feelings again, I won't push you again. Please, wake up, Jimin please" He held Jimin hand tightly, "I love you, so please, wake up for me" Taehyung let out a shaky breath. 

Taehyung eyes widened when he felt Jimin hand squeezing his hand, he lifted his head from Jimin hand and looked at Jimin holding his hand. He instantly turned his head to look at Jimin, who was squeezing his eyes, his lips parted, "T-Taehyung..." Jimin mumbled, his voice came out weak and muffled due to the oxygen mask. 

"Jimin?"

▬▬

1322 words. 

Sorry, if this chapter was boring :( 

5-7 more chapters and this story will be over! 

dgshgs anyways, I hope you enjoyed it <3