Chapter 64

A few days passed after the ghost riders left. Most of us were getting ready to leave for our internships. Noah and Melissa invited us for a family dinner. At some point Stiles' phone rang.

Lydia's POV

I had a feeling that something was going to happen, but I didn't pay any attention and I didn't tell anyone else. The next day, I was hearing a lot of whispers. And they were becoming more frequent. I was seeing statues and when I managed to distinguish their faces, and they were my friends. I decided to tell Stiles. We decided to meet this evening.

End of Lydia's POV

St: What happened?

I explained to them what happened.

St: We shouldn't leave Beacon Hills.

Me: Anyway, we were going to move one month earlier to get to know the new town. We can delay the move for a week.

Ly: I think we should get ready, I have a bad feeling.

I: What for?

Ly: I don't know.

After a while everyone returned to their homes.

The following week nothing happened and we were about to leave. Once we were out the door and about to enter the car, Snow stopped over a sewer and started growling. I went to look what happened, and I saw dead rats. I turned and saw Aiden.

Me: What are you doing here?

A: You left and I followed your scent.

Me: Do you have any idea how that happened?

A: None at all, but I think Deaton would know.

We went to the veterinary. We explained what we saw.

De: What did you smell exactly?

Me: Mostly fear.

A: Terror, not fear.

De: It's a usual reaction for rodents to turn to cannibalism in terrifying situations. The real question is what caused the terror.

Me: I guess we have to postpone the internship...

At that moment Deaton got a phone call. It was Melissa and she asked him to go to the hospital. He left.

Melissa's POV

A body came in and I had to do the autopsy. As I was opening the fridge and pulled the tray, I started feeling scared. I took the scalpel and when I pulled the sheet, his face was retorted, and it looked like he didn't even have a face. When I was about to cut, fear stopped me and I couldn't continue. Then I called Deaton.

He came and started testing it. He looked closely and when he tried to touch it, he couldn't. He was terrified. He stopped.

De: I need to talk to the kids.

Me: Is this serious?

De: Yes. And I think we'll need everyone's help.

End of Melissa's POV

We all gathered at the veterinary. Deaton called Noah, Melissa, Chris, Natalie, Jordan, Peter and Theo.

O: Kira, where are your parents?

K: They're out of town, they couldn't make it.

We were a lot of people in the place and there were conversations everywhere, and that made Deaton not able to be heard.

D: Stop talking, let him speak.

Then everybody stopped and turned their attention to Deaton.

De: This time we have a very serious problem. We have to deal with the Anuk-Ite. It is an ancient shape-shifter, a creature of disharmony. It can turn neighbor against neighbor sowing the seeds of discord and hate. It doesn't need fangs. It doesn't need claws. It uses something far more sinister. When paranoia turns to anger, anger turns to violence, and entire communities tear themselves apart, the creature feeds off the fear and grows more powerful. Many people say that it's two creatures and when those creatures combine, it becomes even stronger.

Co: And how can we beat it?

De: I have never dealt with it before; I think that its weak point is mountain ash.

Ja: And how do we find it?

De: I don't have a clue.

Ly: You said that it feeds on fear, so we need to lure it.

P: We could create fear.

St: Great. Derek, shift.

D: I'm going to punch you...

St: See? It's working.

Ja: Stiles is wrong.

I saw Olivia nudging Jackson, and I could barely hold my laugh.

Me: Back to the point, how are we going to fight it?

De: Once it finds his other half, we can't look it in the eyes because we'll turn to stone.

I: So, we have to learn how to fight without using our sight.

A: I think Deucalion can help us with that.

D: And Braeden is coming back in a few days.

De: Good, because we will need everyone's help. And something else, I think it's best if no one is out alone. We should always be in pairs or groups.

Gerard's POV

Me: Did you bring it?

??: Yes.

I ate the yellow wolfs bane and I healed completely.

Me: Now the real show begins. I will teach you all the job's secrets. Everyone will pay for what they did to me.

End of Gerard's POV