chapter 2: Lilithia

Where am I? Bella thought to herself. Sure enough, this was no longer on Earth. The people here were wearing medieval-like clothes. Bella wondered if she had been reincarnated. The one in a novel that she had read in her teenage years. There she saw several gasps from the people surrounding her. It's as if they had seen a ghost. Bella looked at her clothes, it was the same as her clothes before, but somehow she felt younger. Bella remembered it correctly; she had turned thirty, but somehow, looking at her skin, it's as if she had aged back ten years. She fixed herself up.

Bella was sure that she was no longer on Earth. Remembering what the strange man had said. Hell. Realization flooded inside her mind; was she perhaps in Hell? Bella pondered. There were houses but no signs of the undead and no signs of terrible-looking devils; there was even no fire all over the floor. It didn't look like Hell. Bella gathered her courage and approached a lady in the crowd.

"Pardon me. Where am I?" She asked.

Bella's eyes widened with surprise. The lady she had asked was trembling. Had I perhaps scared her? As she was about to step back, the lady wrapped her arms around her tightly. Bella inhaled the lady's fragrance; she smells like fresh cherries. She preferred the smell of cherries to the smell of smoke.

"Our Satan would be happy!" The lady shouted.

Bella trembled. Why were the people here treating Satan as if he's a king — no, as if God? Bella's face became distraught. She disliked Satan and his terrible ways. How could she end up in Hell when she hadn't even done anything deserving to be thrown here? Heck, she wasn't even a criminal.

"LONG LIVE OUR SATAN, LONG LIVE SATAN ASIUL!" Everyone chanted.

Bella wiggled as she tried to escape the lady's embrace, pretending to be embarrassed from the hug. In reality, she was pissed. Are the people here insane? How could they just chant the name of Satan with such proud smiles? Bella felt as if she was about to throw up.

Just before Bella understood what was going on, several men and women dressed in knight uniforms walked towards her with brilliant smiles.

"Are you the new demon here sent from The Above?" the male knight seems to be the captain of the knight trope asked.

The knights wore white turndown collars and a medieval suit with their cloaks accompanied by their swords. Bella wondered why there was a letter 'A' embroidered on all of the knight's cloak. The townspeople and the knight's way of dressing themselves up made it look like some costume party. Bella swore that she must be going insane. Well, at least she got to witness a spectacular costume party. She convinced herself.

Bella could only nod after one knight almost drew her sword. She might find her answers if she were to follow the knights. What do they even mean, demon? I'm pretty sure I'm no demon. I'm a human — well, was. Let's see who their mighty Satan is. Bella thought, somewhat irritated.

***

Bella stepped out of the carriage with her mouth opened, and her eyebrows shot upwards. There, she stood just a few feet away from the Gothic-style palace. The palace was tall, as if it could reach the heavens. The lofty palace was accompanied by flying buttresses that supported the palace's structure by making sure that most of the force was on the lower ground. Bella could see several detailed ornaments and sculptures. It made Bella tremble as she calculated the estimated cost to build a palace on Earth — it made her nauseous. Satan must be a wealthy man; the townspeople did worship him like a God.

As Bella reached the insides of the palace, she was accompanied by a butler who wore a white turndown collar single-breasted edging waistcoat with a necktie complemented by black slacks and white gloves on both of his hands. Once again, Bella saw the same letter 'A' embroidered on the left upper part of the butler's waistcoat. Bella shook off her suspicion once again. Who knew butlers here dressed this way? She observed the other passersby.