Chapter 24: Outcasts

Satan Asiul led the knights towards where the scent had sent her. Dead branches and trees were surrounding them; sunlight no longer shined through the thick smoke clouds. Darkness filled their vision. Satan Asiul and the knights stuck closer towards each other. The ground suddenly rumbled, and in front of them was a gigantic wild wolf. Satan Asiul cursed. She murmured again, and the letter flew away towards the receiver.

"She's my only hope," Satan Asiul jumped down from the fanged horse and pointed her sword.

The knights behind her had tied their horses to a dead tree. They got behind Satan Asiul; she was the strongest of them all. The wolf howled and charged towards them. It was five times more prominent, and its paws could kill an un-experienced sword wielder.

Satan Asiul moved to the side, altogether avoiding the wolf's attack. The knights charged, leaving a single scratch on the wolf, making it angrier than it was. One knight jumped from above and stabbed the wolf on its back. With its sharp claws, the wolf grunted and lifted its paw, tried to attack the knight, who was still in mid-air. Satan Asiul jumped in. The claw of the wolf clashed with her sword.

"Heavens! Pull yourself together. This is their territory! They know their stuff!" Satan Asiul shouted.

Satan Asiul remembered where she picked up Cerberus when he was still a pup. The Daxfort Forest, home to vicious wolves. Their mighty wolves have three heads making their vision clearer than any ordinary demon. Even Satan Asiul had trouble taking down one. It may be an impulse decision, but she decided that she couldn't leave Cerberus alone. Cerberus's mother was a lone wolf, and wolves aren't that friendly to those that aren't part of their packs.

Satan Asiul pushed her sword, countering the claws of the wolf. She jumped out of the way before she's squished by its gigantic paws.

"Attack at the same time. Confuse its heads!"

"Yes, Your Majesty!" The five knights charged.

The three heads of the wolf became confused. It didn't know what to do, so it suddenly fled. Running back to where the pack was. Satan Asiul breathed out a sigh. She's relieved that her same old trick worked. At least this way, she didn't have to kill again.

"We better leave before it brings its pack to where we are."

Satan Asiul jumped back up on her horse and directed her horse towards where Lilithia's scent was.

***

Kayleigh massaged her temples. She read the letter over and over again to make sure she didn't see things.

Get your butt here at the outskirts of Velshier. The forest next to Daxfort Forest!

Lilithia had been kidnapped. If something happens to her, you're dead!

-Satan A.

Kayleigh leaned on her desk, then threw the letter away. She opened the door and sprinted towards the training grounds of her knights. Kayleigh groaned. She tried to ease the pain of her forehead.

"Please, be careful. This is an emergency," Kayleigh said coldly as she got up to her feet without looking at the girl and started running again.

The girl she bumped into snorted before picking up her toque.

Kayleigh barged into the training room and ordered the captain to go with her, leaving the training for the vice-captain to oversee.

"Get Flair. We need to fly!" Kayleigh shouted.

A gigantic elongated dragon emerged from the shed. Purple scales filled its body with four legs on its snake-like body. Sharp long curved horns on its forehead made it the fiercest dragon in all of Hell. Unlike Satan Asiul's four-legged red dragon, it could fly faster than any dragon alive despite not having wings.