Questions

(Warning: Dead Bodies described as well as blood)

Charlotte:

Yami looked at the two who were on the ground clinging to each other. He couldn't help but chuckle softly at Charlotte. He had never seen her like this. She was acting like a mother but the way she looked in the light of the new sun made her a goddess. He looked away from them and back at the two bodies, a stressed sigh left his lips as he walked towards them.

Blood was everywhere, one body was of a teen girl that had brown hair. Blood from her slashed opened legs seeped into her dress making the already red fabric a dark red. There also seemed to be slashes across her chest and along her arms. Yami looked away from her and looked at the other body, it looked like a male teenager.

He had a white collared shirt that had a light brown vest over it. Blood was seeping through into the clothes from his chest. His red bangs blocked out the wound that had blood running down his face. Slashes were the main cause of their deaths, Yami was sure of it, he concluded that this was what Julius was talking about.

He let out a small sigh and looked over at Charlotte who was still comforting the child, "Is he ok?," Yami asked of her, he wanted to know some details from the child who saw it happen himself.

Charlotte looked over at Yami, blood was smeared on her left cheek and clothes but she didn't seem fazed by it. She gave him a simple nod to his question before turning her attention back toward the child and cradling him in her arms.

Yami sighed again and put back his sword before pulling out his Magic Communication Device and contacted HQ about the details. After he was done with that he headed towards the two who were on the ground, the smaller one cradled within the others arms.

"I contacted headquarters and they said they'll be over here in 10 minutes or so," Yami explained to Charlotte.

"Ok," She responded to him.

The cries of the child had died down to raspy hiccups and breaths, all Yami could do was shake his head at the whole situation. Small hums of a tune could be heard from Charlotte while she gently stroked the hair of the young boy, her hums were soothing to the ears of Yami to the point where he could go to sleep if he laid down.

However they didn't have the time for sleeping, he crouched down beside Charlotte and decided to ask the kid a few questions.

"Is the shrimp awake, or did you put him to sleep?," Yami questioned Charlotte who stopped her humming and looked down at the child. The grip on Charlotte's robe tightened once her lullaby had come to a stop.

"Are you awake?," Charlotte's light voice asked the child that was clinging to her.

Yami's eyes were on the child who looked up at Charlotte. His eyes, although they were a bright green, were dull and tired. His mouth was shaped in a disheartening frown, he wanted to cry but his voice was gone and he couldn't force out his tears anymore.

Yami let out a small expletive under his breath as he knew that trying to question this kid would just be depressing.

"Hey, kid. I need you to tell me what happened to those dead people over there," Yami bluntly asked the child as his head pointed towards the horrendous scene.

Charlotte shot Yami with a stern look giving him the question, 'Are you stupid?.'

Yami gave her a questioning look, he didn't see anything wrong with what he had said he was just asking the question. His questioning face froze as he heard the child start to cry again.

They were barely audible due to how long the child had been basically yelling his voice out, Charlotte looked back at the child whose grip was tightening around her robe and she gently hugged his head to her chest. Her hand rubbed his back while she gently shushed the trembling child.

Yami just stood there, he didn't know why the child was crying since all he did was ask him a question.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he rubbed the back of his neck and tried to think of something else. As he was thinking he heard Charlotte's lyrical hums again which gradually hushed down the kid.

Yami looked at them and opened up his mouth to ask the kid again only to be cut off by Charlotte's glare that told him he shouldn't say anything else. In return of her glare he shut his mouth and stood on the side.

Charlotte only sighed and shook her head at Yami's insensitivity, "Hey, you must be very tired, hm?," Charlotte gently mumbled to the child.

There was a pause before the child nodded at her question.

She continued to rub his back, "I know, it's early in the morning and you've been crying. Poor thing...," Charlotte sympathized,

"Did you come here with others?," she asked him, to which he responded with the usual head nod.

"Hm... Do you think you can tell me who they are?," Charlotte coaxed him, she felt the grip on her robe tense up before hearing a weak and breathless voice.

"My sister... and her boyfriend."

Charlotte nodded at his words, "I see.. what's your name?," she asked him.

"Jack Viridescent.." his voice hesitated before whispering his name.

"Ah, I like your name. Mines is Charlotte Roselei," Charlotte introduced herself with a small smile.

Jack looked up at her with shock.

"R-Roselei? You're the captain of the Blue Roses?" He spoke up, you could hear how raspy and rough his voice had gotten.

Yami watched the twos interaction, he was surprised at how good Charlotte was with kids. He'd never expect someone as prickly as her to be such a softie with kids.

"Yup, that's me," Charlotte confirmed with a chuckle at how his voice had gotten louder upon her introduction.

"You're a magic knights captain!" Jack pointed out, his raspy voice lacing with excitement.

"Yeah, are you interested in the magic knights?" Jack vigorously nodded which gained a giggle from Charlotte, "Well then, I know you can get in if you continue to be strong and don't let something like this get you down." Jack nodded at her words, his once dull green eyes filled with determination and hope.

'Incredible,' was what Yami thought of Charlotte who was smiling down at the viridescent-eyed child.

She had managed to brighten up someone's spirit who just witnessed the death of his family. Not only did she do that in a short amount of time she managed to turn their despair into motivation for them to get stronger.

Yami looked for another word to describe her but he just couldn't find it, however he knew she was much more than incredible. Impressed with her he grinned at the two.

"Now, Jack, there's going to be some people from the royal castle come here to ask you some questions. Do you think you can answer them all by yourself?" She asked him, his eyes gave her a flash of fear and nervousness before he hesitantly nodded.

"Good, you're so strong. I don't think I would be able to do all that by myself when I was your age," Charlotte beamed down at him.

With that a golden door popped up at the opening of the field. Jack looked at it with awe, he had never seen such a grand door be made with mana.

Yami saw the door and got up from his position to go and meet the reinforcements he called. Mages in cyan robes came out of the spatial door and immediately started to inspect the bodies that laid in the mess of red and green. Yami talked to the captain of the royal mages and gave them all the details they managed to get out of Jack.

A mage went over to Charlotte and Jack, asking to inspect them for any injuries. Jack hesitantly got off of Charlotte and went with the cyan mage. Charlotte watched Jack walk off to the side with the royal mage and walked over to Yami.

(Side note: The perspectives might be mixed up a little sorry about that. I'm skimming these things and they don't seem correct perspective wise. To be honest I don't wanna rewrite them so sorry, it'll get back on track in 3 chapters I think. Unless I fuck up again-

ALSO HUHHH 1K READS And 90 VOTES HUHHH??????? THANK YOU GUYS?!?!?!?!??! AND TO ERVRYONE THAT VOTES AND COMMENTS THANKS !?!?!?? UR ALL SO NICE WHAT⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️)