Right Time, Dumb Mind

The early starting day became an eventful day for both of the captains. Not only did they have to deal with a traumatized child they still had the paperwork and reports to do that would carry on to the next day.

"Good job, Prickly Queen," Yami told Charlotte as they walked out of headquarters. Charlotte looked at him with an eyebrow quirked up in confusion. Her cape, top, and pants were in her arms folded neatly and covered with brown paper. She had to take off her bloodied clothes due to the mess that they would've created when she walked into the neat quarters which left her in her black tights and a white shirt that she borrowed from the kingdom.

"What are you talking about? All I did was back you up and talk to a child, it wasn't anything extraordinary." Charlotte told the taller one who was lighting up a cigarette.

"Well you did manage to talk to the kid, who was a whole mess, and you comforted him while supporting me. I would call that pretty impressive since I couldn't do that." Yami applauded Charlotte who rolled her eyes at him and looked away.

"Anyone can do that. You're just not good at talking to kids, even though you act like one," Charlotte reiterated at Yami as she remembered how heartless he was when talking to the child.

"What? I don't act like a damn child. I think you're just way too serious," Yami objected to the fact that he was a child. Charlotte looked at him with a withering face, there were too many occasions where Yami had acted childishly for him to deny that he was indeed a child.

"I'm pretty sure you're just describing an adult," Charlotte said to him as she shook her head at his argument, a small smile forming.

Yami chuckled at her and looked up at the sky, it was a nice blue and it was just after the middle of the day. He took a deep breath of the air, it wasn't cold or hot.
It was just right.
Everything was in place for what was to come next.

"I'll see you, Yami," Charlotte announced to him, she got out her broom and climbed onto it.

Yamis eyes looked over at her, her hair still down. The soft gold sat on her shoulders and draped down to the bottom of her bosom. Her thighs squeezed the broom stick as her hands took hold of the tip. Yami felt the need to say something, he wanted to spend his days like yesterday. Him and her together.

"Hey, are you free tomorrow?" Yami blurted out of nowhere. Just as Charlotte was about to take off she looked at him with an unreadable face.

"What? What is it?," Charlotte asked him. Yami was unsure of what to say, he hadn't anticipated his voice to act by itself.

"Erm.. I was wondering if you wanted to do something tomorrow." Yami continued on, his words rang through his mind unlocking another memory of his early years.

"Hey, Yami, I was wondering if you wanted to go out and do something tomorrow?," Yami's head turned to the energetic brunette that had shown up at his side.

He raised an eyebrow at her question, setting down the bowl he was eating his breakfast from. Not expecting someone to sit by him, he wiped off the excess food that was at the sides of his mouth not wanting to seem like a pig to his friend.

"I don't know, Kyndall. Sneaking out is a hard thing to do, especially with the nosy old man," Yami reminded her of Julius and his tendency to stick his nose in everyone's business.

Kyndall let out a groan, "You're right... hnggghhh," Kyndall started to think about how she should get around Julius and his one manned security system.

Yami observed her thinking position, her shoulder length hair was frizzy like her personality, her eyes were scrunched up together to give the idea that she was thinking really hard. Her hands went up to her chin as her thumb rubbed it, despite her face her thumb was all cracked and dry yet it fit her well.

Yami let out a small chuckle at her and shook his head, "Fine, shorty. I'll sneak out with you."

Kyndall looked at him and her face lit up, her fluffy aqua cape flew with her movements as her arms wrapped around Yami's neck. Yami looked down at her, his hands moved to her wrists as he tried to pull her off of him but her grip was too strong, and to be honest he didn't want her to let go.

"Let go of me, weirdo. People are going to look," Yami grumbled at Kyndall whose grin only got bigger.

"Since when did you care about others' opinions? You're the weirdo," She giggled at his hypocrisy.

"Uh... I'm a bit busy," Charlotte hesitated to say. Yami silently laughed at himself, he should've known that she was busy he also should've known that she would most definitely say no to any outside hangouts between them. He knew all of those things yet he still heard himself ask again.

"Right, you're always busy, but I was asking if you wanted to go back to the forest. You know, do our job and identify what happened to the kid." Yami asked again. It wasn't the exact message he was trying to ask Charlotte, and to be honest he didn't know what he was asking of Charlotte, but at least he asked her something or else they wouldn't have gotten anywhere with their relationship.

"I was planning to do that anyways, Yami." Charlotte looked away from Yami, she was dissatisfied with his question. She was expecting something more upfront and fitting for the situation he had unreasonably built suspense for.

"I'll see you tomorrow," She told him.

"Alright then, workaholic ," Yami started to regret what he asked Charlotte, he looked like a fool for pointing out the obvious. Charlotte didn't respond to him and went her own way towards the Blue Roses base while Yami found Finral flirting with some girls on the street.

Everything was so perfect, the mood was just right and so was the scenery. The only problem was Yami and his incapability to realize his own feelings for the refined lady who was always led on by him.

Once Charlotte was far away from the capital, and most importantly Yami, she let out a frustrated scream. Her pale skin immediately erupted into a red color.

"Stupid Yami. What does he think he's saying," She grumbled out loud, "Am I free tomorrow? Did he want to spend time with me?" She asked out loud.

It definitely seemed like he was trying to go for something like that but as she analyzed his following words she started to doubt it.

"How stupid..."

(