﹥Ⅰ.ᴄᴏɴᴅᴇꜱᴄᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ

Chapter 1, Condescending

   Christmas Eve, everyone was having a jolly ole' fucking time. Kirito and his wife Asuna hung the golden, bright star on top of the Christmas tree with their daughter Yui. What a perfect family. Unlike mines, dysfunctional, toxic, and overall not good to be around. My Father and Mother watched, their fake smiles stretched across their faces. I wanted to die. I couldn't be here, I didn't want to be here, I couldn't wait to go off to college to escape it all. I didn't like this burning feeling inside me, the more I saw them together, the more fuel got added to that fire. It burned so much that it hurt, it wasn't like a peaceful, warm feeling. It was nothing but pure hatred.

Kirito looked behind him, a smile laying on his face looking back at me, his arms around his wife and his beautiful child became tighter. It was almost as if he was teasing me. Those black eyes of his stared at me. That look was all so familiar. He wanted me to make my way to his bedroom, but I wasn't budging. His smile fell, a glare was being sent to me, but I paid no attention to it. With a huff, he walked over to me.

"Do you think that I can talk to you for a second?" He asked me, his hand gripping my wrist.

I look at his hand before snatching my wrist out of his grasp.

"I don't know, can you?" I asked him sarcastically.

I groaned when my Dad grabbed my head, taking in a fist full of hair. I could tell that he was furious with my attitude. If it wasn't for the fact that Kirito's family was here, I definitely would've gotten beaten.

"Don't be disrespectful, boy." He had a smile across his face, one that was forced.

With a sigh I stood up, placing my cup of rum on the coffee table. With displeasure, I walked with Kirito down the dark hallway and into his bedroom. He shut the door, and with a "click" I knew that we were locked in.

"What's your problem?" He asked me.

I felt feelings of burning anger and bitterness rush through me. I clenched my fist, my body flipped in his direction. I walked up to him, when he saw how close I was getting to him he started backing up. That was until his back met with the wall. My arm caged him between the wall and my bigger body. A look of worry was in his eyes. I leaned down so that my mouth rested on the side of his neck.

"You know, you've been asking me that a lot lately. And every time, I question why as if you give two fucks about me." I said with venom.

My words were laced with hatred and frustration. His body shook, his bambi eyes staring into my fierce ones. He grabbed my free hand, his lips wrapping around it, I watched as he sucked on my fingers.

"But I do." He said "innocently".

He slid down to his knees, palming me.

"Let me show you how much I care." He smiled.