﹥Ⅰ.ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴏᴜɴᴅ

Chapter 1 - Compound

   "Hey, it's my favorite police boy. What did you get me, baby boy?" You chirpily asked.

Leon blushed at the pet name. Leon shifted the duffle bag that was on his shoulder off, placing it on a dark oak table.

"I got us some medicine. We still need to find a way out of this station." Leon said.

The sounds of grunting zombies could be heard outside of the room.

"Did you bring us a party baby boy?" You asked, looking underneath the crack of the door.
"Didn't mean to give out invitations," Leon said, standing next to you by the door.

You both prepared yourselves as your hand went to the doorknob.

"We'll do this slowly, okay?" You asked, looking over at him for clarification.

Leon nodded, loading up his gun, clocking it back. You pull it open, Leon lured one of the zombies away as you beheaded the others. Your hand axe slashed one of the zombie's heads off, walking back as another growled as it leaped at you. You whacked it over the head, its blood spurting out of the crown of its head, killing it in one shot. Leon stabbed the lured zombie through its head, it dropped dead from the blow. You closed the door back, going over to check on Leon.

"You good baby boy?" You asked him.

Leon responded with a head nod, walking back over to the desk. He pulled out a piece of paper from the duffle bag, opening it, smoothing out the curves of the paper with the palms of his hands.

"Look." He said, scooting over for you.

You stood next to him, staring down at the piece of paper.

"It's a map of the compound. This is where we are, and this is the nearest exit." Leon said.

"But baby boy, we have to go past the jail cells to get there. We also have to go past the dog kennel." You said.

"What, don't tell me you're scared of a few dogs?" Leon teased.
"No, I'm scared of having to kill them." You said.

Leon patted you on your back, giving you a reassuring look.

"We'll be fine, we're going to get out of this place," Leon said.
"But where do we go next, if we leave this place?" You asked nervously.
"When," Leon corrected. "There's a parking lot outside of the station. We have the keys to one of the cars, we just have to find out which one is it." Leon said.

With a huff, you reluctantly agreed. You both packed up, carrying what you could. You walked out first, signaling to Leon that it's clear. You both moved cautiously through the hallways, down to the jail cells. Your heart rate picked up, it was dark. It was so dark to the point where it was almost pitch black, you couldn't even see the hands holding your weapon. You were getting a bit nervous, not for yourself but for Leon. It was obvious that you were attracted to him, and you didn't want him to die. I mean, after all, you haven't even tapped that ass yet. You looked worryingly at Leon, who gave you a reassuring look back.

He turned on his flashlight, making his way into the room. You sighed, having his back, and staying close behind him. You both killed all of the zombies that were in your way. Slaughtering any dead man that's walking, blood littering the already dirty floor. You both made it through, closing the two huge double doors, blocking it off with your surrounding area. Utilizing benches, potted plants, and side tables.

"This isn't going to hold." You said.
"Then let's get going." Leon said.

He grabbed your hand, making your heart flutter. You both made it through the hallway. You both stopped when you made it to the kennel, broken sounds of whimpering dogs could be heard. It broke your heart. Leon looked back at you. He gripped your face, bringing your view down to his.

"Hey, it's okay. We're going to put them out of their misery, we're going to put them down so that they can live happily in the afterlife okay? Come on, please." He said, trying to snap you out of it.

You nodded, gripping his wrists before getting out of his embrace. Leon slowly pulled the double doors open, a German Shepard jumped out, snarling at the two of you. Leon took one shot putting it down. Its body slumped, falling still. Two more jumped out, one tackling Leon and the other getting caught on your arm sleeve. You shot it right between its eyes, shooting the other in its side. It whimpered, falling off of Leon. Leon swiftly moved, stabbing it through the side of its head. You went over to Leon, pulling him onto his feet. You both made your way through the Kennel, killing every single zombified dog that was stuck in its cage.

You both made it to the other side, only for you to be tackled to the floor. A huge zombie staggered up your body, his teeth chomping down to get a bite. Leon put a bullet through its head, blood splattered all across your face. You groaned in disgust, shoving its body off of yours. Leon offered his hand. You took it, pulling yourself up.

"Let's keep moving." He said.

You both finally made it out. You both stopped when you saw how many zombies crowded the parking lot. Some notice, making gurgling sounds, reaching out their arms for you as they made their way to reach the both of you.

"L-Leon." You called out.
"What?" He asked, shooting one of the zombies that got too close.
"There's no other cars here." You pointed out.