INKY 2

LAURAINE'S P.O.V

I stared at the mirror, my hands stained with the thick, gooey, red substance. It was going to be hard to hide all this red from everyone at school, I puffed in frustration. It took a lot for me to build the image I had made so far and I wasn't going to let some red lipstick and gloss ruin it.

I pulled a few wipes from the box in front of me, wiping the lip products off my hands and waltzing into my closet. It was hard enough that I had so many outfits to pick from but I needed one that matched my make-up. Why? Because I was looking like Beyoncé this morning and I wasn't going to let the wrong outfit ruin my first day back at school, neither was I going to redo this face of makeup.

I found a nice leopard print, short dress that made my makeup pop. Accessorizing with a pair of black heels, a black channel bag, and a nice, black, leather, chick jacket. One final look in the mirror, I adjusted my tight ponytail, my brain cells were dying from lack of blood so I loosed the damn thing a little. I wasn't planning to die cause of a dumb ponytail. I headed down and saw my Dad was still half asleep on the couch.

"I'm going to school papa! See you later!" I kissed his forehead, rousing him from his sleep a little bit.

"Si mi amor." Came his sleepy reply.

I grabbed my keys and drove off to school. It was the first day of a new term at West Coast High and I was planning to make a big entry. The only problem with that was I had been shipped with some random child for math tutoring because my math grades were on the verge of extinction. So, instead of spending the afternoon shopping with Heather and Jane, I would be in a classroom with some random child, learning mathematics. School sucked, and not in a cool way.

As usual, I was late to school. I mean 'coming after the first-period kind of late'. My safest option was to take full advantage of my look. I pulled my leopard print shades from my side compartment.

"It's on like Donkey Kong." The rich, mean, popular girl look was what I was going for and I was killing it. This wasn't some random high-school book so, I was going to be playing my music in my head, so I did. I imagined 'If you seek Amy' by Britney Spears blasting in the background while I did a runway-worthy strut into school, opening the front doors with both hands and hoping that Heather and Jane were nearby.

Lucky me, because they were. I could feel the stares, stares were good. The whole point was to get people's attention and I had done that, now, it was time to oppress them. Lowering my shades, I did a little head call to Heather and Jane. My girls ruffled through their bags for their shades; talk about quality friends.

Heather and Jane pulled up on each side of me, shades and bags on.

"Why exactly are you this late?!" Heather whisper shouted.

"I had to find the perfect outfit." I said through clenched teeth. This wasn't really the best time for all this Heather, just strut and smile. I said in my head.

"Let's just get this over with please." Jane said, already feeling annoyed with all the drama we were causing.

"Thank you, Jane. We go on three. One, two, three." It was showtime! The corridor was our runway and just so you know, we slayed it.

We had heads turning, lips moving and hearts dropping. It felt good to have friends that could turn up when you needed them. West Coast High was boring but we, the students made West High what it was; a house of drama!

After a long day of soul-torturing school, I walked into Mrs. Gretchen's classroom to meet my new tutor; I was getting tired of all my tutors. In a corner of the class was a black beanie with a few strands of brown hair sticking out of it and it was sitting by the window. It must be the guy Mrs. Gretchen told me about, my tutor.