11| Lights Out

"Wanna hear the new track?" Yoongi asked you.

"Sure!" You beamed as he played it. Like Jungkook said, it really was energetic and fun. It had a funky vibe to it.

"That was amazing!" You exclaimed as it ended.

"Thanks." He smiled contently, flashing his perfect teeth. Now you understood that this was the famous gummy smile you had heard of. "But, I'm having trouble with this part." He said, as he played a particular section of the track. You furrowed your brows as you listened to it.

"Hmm... It does seem off." You nodded slowly.

"Doesn't it?" Yoongi sighed as he sunk into his chair. You looked around the room.

"May I?" You asked, pointing to the guitar.

"Go ahead."

You strummed a few notes. "So... This is what it is right now, isn't it?" You asked as you played the section and he nodded sulkily.

You thought for a while before changing a note and playing the same section again.

"Does that sound better?" You asked as you looked up at him.

"You are a genius! Why didn't I think of that?! It's perfect!" Yoongi exclaimed as he immediately made improvisations. You smiled as you watched him work. He seemed really passionate and happy with what he was doing and you aspired to reach that spot some day.

"Check it out now." Yoongi said after half an hour of tweaking as he played the changed track. It sounded incredible.

"It's awesome!" You smiled brightly.

"Thanks for your help." He said with an adorable smile.

"No problem at all! I'm glad. What about the lyrics though?" You asked him.

"We're working on it. We want something cheerful and...explosive." Yoongi chimed and you nodded your head. "From the way you changed the notes before, I assume you have musical knowledge." He said.

"Yeah. Kind of." You shrugged.

"Do you write songs? Have you written any?" He asked, eyes sparkling with interest.

"I have written a few." You admitted. He extended his open palm to the guitar, indicating you to show him.

You sighed. You tapped the instrument thrice before starting to strum a melancholic tune. Forgetting that you were in a male's body, you strummed the female pitch. You shook your head and changed it to a male one. He raised his eyebrow as you closed your eyes and started singing.

In the shadows
Of the dark
I'm sitting
Dreaming of making my mark.

Oh, so lonely
I don't care
I just wanna be free
That's only what's fair.

You adjusted your sitting position as you moved on to the chorus.

Dream, dream, dream
That's all I can do right now
Pain, pain, pain
That's everything I feel right now
Hope, hope, hope
That's what I have right now

That one day
I will make it.

You opened your eyes to see Yoongi have an impressed look on his face.

"That was...beautiful actually." He said, nodding his head slowly.

"Really?!" You shrieked. It meant a lot to you coming from the person whose skills in producing music you admired so much.