31| Elephant

Taehyung's POV:

Taehyung's POV:

As Y/N sobbed in my arms, her words kept ringing in my head.

'Taehyung... Are you a masochist? '

'A masochist is someone who finds pleasure in pain, be it physical or mental or sexual. It's like a state of euphoria for them...any kind of pain.'

Now that I think about it... I really do show my masochism on instances...

Masochism...enjoying pain...

Is that why I feel okay even when I leave her to Jungkook?

It hurts but feels good...

But, why does it hurt, though? No matter how much pleasure it brings, seeing her with Jungkook hurts... Like steaming hot stakes of iron being pressed into my heart, attempting to gnaw my life out.

No way...

Am I.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Am I falling in love with her?

But, I can't!

Jae warned me not to. He said I'd have my heart broken.

But, then again, I desire pain, don't I?

What is a bigger pain than heartbreak? Or worse, a one-sided love?

It all made sense. As if everything had suddenly fallen perfectly into place; the dominoes toppling down one by one consecutively.

This was driving me crazy.

Should I or should I not fall in love with her...?

Is it okay to fall in love with her...?

No.

Absolutely not.

Not when Jungkook feels the same way about her. It'd be a shame to have to fight with him over a girl. Besides, she already seems to be leaning toward Jungkook.

I cannot fall in love with her.

Y/N's slender fingers clenching at the hem of my coat brought me back to reality.

This girl in my arms... I had no idea she'd have this kind of a traumatic past.

Here she was, the Ice Queen, weeping into my chest at her most vulnerable point.

She had put down her guard, thrown all her defense out the window.

She was frail and fragile at the moment... potent to break with a single harsh touch.

She looked so confident and daring but, on the inside... She was a scared child.

A scared child who had never experienced comfort other than Baekhyun hyung.