42| Try

"Hyung?" Jungkook called as he peeked through the door into Taehyung's room. "You wanted to see me?"

"Ah, Kookie, come here." Taehyung beckoned the younger who nodded and closed the door before sitting on the bed. "I have an idea."

"What idea, hyung?" Jungkook asked, confused.

"An idea to impress Y/N."

"... Hyung... I didn't think you were serious..."

"Of course, I was! I gotta help my bro get the love of his life!"

"But, hyung---"

"Do you want Y/N to fall for you or not?"

"..."

"No? Okay, I'll go have her for myself then."

"No! Wait!...... Okay, I do..."

"Great, now listen to me."

Taehyung explained the plan to Jungkook and Jungkook didn't think it would be that impressive but still went with it. Afterall, the target was you, someone sophisticated. Jungkook thought it wouldn't be enough but then, it didn't hurt to try.

"But, hyung, I don't even like coffee..."

"Are you courting yourself? No. You are courting Y/N so you gotta do what she likes, not what you like."

"How do you even know what she likes?"

"I lived as her for a whole month and spent a whole year being friends with her. I'd be ashamed of myself if I didn't know what her likes and dislikes are."

"Okay..."

After Jungkook left, Taehyung's phone dinged with a text. His eyes widened at who the text was from.
_________________

"Y/N... I just, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so pushy last night. I know you're having a hard time and---"

"It's okay, Naya. I understand." You gently smiled at your best friend. "I was being a handful."

"And, that's why I've got two hands." Naya said as the both of you broke into laughter.

"Unnie?" Areum asked, standing at the door of your and Naya's room. "You wanted to see me?"

"Ah, Areum! Come here." You called over the youngest as Naya eyed you with suspicion. You grinned at the maknae as she sat herself at the foot of your bed. "I have an idea."

"What idea, unnie?" She asked, confused.

"An idea to impress Taehyung." You said and Naya fell back into the bed, internally groaning at your stupidity.

"... Unnie... I didn't think you were being serious yesterday..."

"Of course, I was! What kind of a person would I be if I refused to help a friend?"

"Oh really, Y/N? What about the time you refused to lend me your book back in high school?" Naya interjected.

"That was high-school. We're adults now. People change with time." You shrugged.

"Is it so? What about two days ago when all of us were eating pizza? You know I love barbeque flavoured pizza and still, you ate the last piece even after I asked you."

"I didn't know you liked that flavour okay? And, giving you food to pig out on isn't considered help. Besides, you have no idea how much your boyfriend pestered me when the both of you had just began dating. He wouldn't let me sleep! If the two of you are going good now, I have a major hand in it."

"Guys... I'm still here..." Areum raised her hand like a student wanting to speak something in class.

"Right, sorry. So, the plan." You clasped your hands together as Naya sighed. "Here." You took two small pieces of paper out of your back pocket and gave them to Areum who received them with furrowed brows.