3

The Professor approaches the pizzeria, more excited than he has been for at least 3 months. He enters and checks to his right. Paul, Bill and Ted are sat at the table, discussing their fellow workers. Bill spots Hidgens and waves him over.

"Emma is at Beanies and Melissa is at softball practice for another" Paul checks his iPhone. "20 minutes. We don't know each other that well, other than what we said earlier so let's introduce ourselves."

Ted rolls his eyes but volunteers first.
"Ok well this is stupid. My name is Ted Spankoffski, he/him. I have a son who I never see. His mother and her husband raised him to be a spoilt little brat along with his 3 other brothers, two of which are the husband's and one of another affair."

There is a 3 second silence before Paul breaks the ice.
"Paul. He/Him. My dream when I was elementary was to be an astronaut. It only really changed in high school."

"I'm Bill, he/him. I have a daughter called Alice. She is 18 and has a girlfriend called Deb." Bill scowls at this briefly until Paul gives him a look of "Come on".

"Professor Henry Hidgens but please don't call me Henry. He/him for now, I'm thinking about changing it. My one true love is and always will.be musical theater. Paul sighs as the group begins avidly discussing their favourite musicals.

Emma and Melissa bumble in and join the group.
"Here they are!" Paul says. "We were just sharing names, pronouns and facts. You guys want to go?"
"Sure."

"I'm Emma. She/her. I lived in Guatemala for 12 years and only came back last year. Melissa?"

"Hey! I'm Melissa. She/They. I have a little sister called Deb."
"Wait. Deb? As in Deb Hawkins?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Your sister is dating my daughter."
"Alice?"
"Yeah."
"Weird."