9

All week, Ted avoids Hidgens. To try to bring them all together, Hazel and Melissa plans another party - this time at Bill's, with Doug going too. Alice now lives with her dad so she invited Deb as well, to keep her company. Melissa and Deb head on to the house while Hazel goes to collect her father. He seems hesitant.
"I don't know, Haze. Ted will be there and Charlotte, I don't know if I want to talk to him."
"He wants to talk to you, u know it. Doug will be there so Charlotte won't be with Ted. This time is different. Ted loves you. It's clear to see. And you love him. He's told you how he feels. You need to tell him, now come on."
Henry cautiously follows his daughter down the dirt path and through the shortcut in the Woods. It's not the most floral, due to being at the back of the shops with the trash but they focus on the tall, towering trees. Once they arrive back in the edge of the woods, they just have to cross the street to get to the party. Judging by the cars, Ted is here as well as Doug - probably meaning Charlotte is there too. Opening the door, it seems that they are the last here but, on closer inspection, Charlotte and Doug aren't downstairs. Deb goes barrelling up the stairs to join Alice as Melissa joins her girlfriend. Hazel nudges Hidgens in the direction of the garden and, after some protesting, he goes. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, Ted is already in the garden having a bud.

Henry freezes as Ted turns around. He approachs Henry, and they stand kissing distance apart. Henry sighs.
"It's too soon. Trust me, I want to be with you. I just need a little. Bit of time. I have a past with guys just sleeping with me and wanting nothing more and when you said that about Charlotte it just brought me back there."
Ted nods.
"So what does that make us? Are we friends or..."
"I want to be your boyfriend, I just need some time to really show it but of course I want to be with you. I love you Ted."
They lean in for their second kiss, this time both meaning it. It's Ted that pulls away this time.
"I'd love to be your boyfriend."
Beaming, they kiss again before joining the party again, as a couple. It's clear they have been out for a while. Charlotte and Doug have appeared and they are all happily playing a game of beer pong. Despite wanting to be responsible, Bill is clearing the best player as he is almost completely wasted. Paul bounces his ping pong ball and it lands perfectly in a full cup. He chugs it as everyone cheers. Both clearly drunk, Paul grabs Bill and kisses him passionately, Bill happily obliging. When everyone gasps, Paul smirks and announces.
"Yeah we're together."
After the initial shock, a cheer goes round the room. On the stairs, Alice smugly collects 3 dollars from Deb. Realising how wasted the couple is, Alice comes charging at them both and pulls them into a tight hug.