prolouge.

"You're helping me? Why the fuck would you do that?" Piercing yellow eyes stared down at your figure but you weren't scared at all. This man hovering above you no longer scared you.

"Because-" You let your friend slip out of your arms, unconscious, "I like watching you kill." Your tongue darted out to lick up some of the liquid dripping from your nose. Your blood wasn't as tasteful as the blood he was covered in. Who knew anyone could look so good in it?

He tilted his head to the side, swinging his spiked bat around in his hand. "Finally-" His lips were pulled into a wide sadistic grin that had you shivering, "-someone to admire my work! It's beautiful isn't it? The sounds they make?" His excited giggle you could only describe as cute and giddy, causing your heart to pound even harder. "But I don't need any help killing little fan, it's more fun to do it myself." He reached out and grabbed the body before you, slinging it over his broad shoulder with ease. "Come watch, I'll give you the best show you have ever seen."

He turned on his heels and headed off towards the nearest hook. You almost ran to catch up, eager to see what he would do now that he knew he had an audience.

You weren't disappointed. He didn't even hook his victim. No, he woke him up and let him crawl away a few feet before he began his fun. He flung the glass-like throwing knives at the bleeding body with utmost precision and with seemingly no effort at all.

He ended his little show by tossing a signed photocard of himself onto the body and then sending a throwing knife right through the photo and landing the final blow. It was the first time you had seen him kill another without sacrificing them.

It was the first time you had been so inexplicably excited by such a gruesome act.

He turned on his heel and swung his arms wide. "Did you enjoy the show my little fan?" His excitement was clear on his wild features as he locked eyes with you crouched in the bushes. You stood up biting your lip and nodding.

"Again." You were a bit breathless as you took a step closer. "I want to see it again. Kill me this time." You placed a hand onto your chest, staring up at him with unwavering adoration. "There would be no greater pleasure than to die by your hands."

He looked visibly taken aback, staring at you for a long moment. His eyes flickered around at nothing in particular before he chuckled. "If I kill you- you'll go back to the campfire and your friend will know what you did."

Now it was your turn to be taken aback. Was he showing concern for you? No way. "I think they suspected anyways. It's fine. They can't harm me. I perform just like them during other trials. Just not-" Not when he was the killer.

"Mmm, I see." He stepped closer and used one of the knives to lift your chin. "I'll kill you, every time then. I'll see you for last. But you mustn't harm my prey any more little one. Just delay."

You nodded your head quickly resulting in the sharp edge cutting into the edge of your throat. "Anything to watch you kill."

The Entity never expected such emotions to form during their trials. A survivor who's hope was to watch a killer sacrifice? Who helped? Their excitement was stronger than the hope from the survivor that had just been killed.

It saw an opportunity to feed and it would not miss this opportunity. It allowed the other survivors to forget the betrayal, just so it could see how things would progress.

Were there even more intense emotions it was missing out on? Were these two the answer to that?