TWELVE

THIS IS WAR | INFINITY WAR
Chapter Twelve
⚡️

            THE SILENCE WASN'T HELPING ELIZABETH'S MIND AS SHE WALKED THROUGH THE LARGE SHIP. Each step felt harder to make then the last, each inch of movement increasing the fear that has slowly been building up since Bruce landed in the sanctum. The Cloak impatiently slapped her back, urging her forward in an irritating away, completely ignoring the vivid anxiety Elizabeth was being tortured with.

The speedster slowly moved out of the hallway, finding herself on a platform positioned high and overlooking the control panel and where Maw coaxed Stephen mockingly. A faint gasped slipped over her lips as she crouched beside the edge, the Cloak floating beside her, both of them looking worriedly at the variety of sharp translucent shards surrounding him. It pained her to just sit and watch but she knew that the best thing to do was to attempt to work out the most efficient and best way to save him. Her and Gideon were having no luck, even with her unbelievable speed.

"In all the time I have served Thanos... I have never failed him," Maw said, stepping into the light, glaring at the sorcerer who under no circumstances would give up the Time Stone. "If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan, with the Time Stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person... there would be judgement."

Elizabeth's eyes widened in fear as she watched the translucent crystals drift closer to Stephen's body, a specific one being too close to his eye for her liking. "Gideon! Anything?" She hissed at the AI, eyes scanning the room for an option but she had nothing, that was until the cloak tugged behind her, it resting over her shoulders. "What?" She unintentionally snapped, glaring at the material which had now lifted and drifted about a meter away from her. "What are you doing?"

"The cloak is showing you something," Gideon explained softly, her translucent face appearing alongside a bright arrow point to her left.

Elizabeth's eyebrows furrowed and she glanced in the direction to find the Cloak already moving. She called out for it to slow down, but it kept moving and ignored her, making the speedster jog to catch up, still not accessing her full potential. She kept her speedforce aura hidden out of fear the sharp lighting could catch Maw's attention. She only stopped when the cloak did, confused until she spotted the Iron Man on the other side of the room, watching what was happening below and seeming to mentally be planning something.

"Good spotting," Elizabeth complimented, grabbing the collar of the Cloak and throwing it over her shoulders.

Glancing once at the situation with Maw and Stephen, Elizabeth jumped, and the Cloak of Levitation levitated her to Tony, silently placing her on the same platform as him. The Cloak lifted from her shoulders, gracefully gliding to Tony and tapping his shoulder. He flinched in fear, raising a repulser as he turned around, expecting an enemy.

Elizabeth jumped in surprising before holding her hands up offensively, the Cloak doing the same with the edges of its material. "Don't shoot!" She whisper shouted, trying not to let Maw hear her.

Tony seemed to relax at the sight of the Blur and Cloak of levitation, slowly lowering his hand and exhaling shakily. "Wow... you are a seriously loyal piece of outerwear," Tony breathed out, eyes trained on the Cloak that had returned to Elizabeth's shoulders. "And a loyal... protégé?"

"Yeah... you could say that," Elizabeth pursed her lips, shrugging before a small smirk appeared on her face as she watched Peter Parker lower from the shadows, hands and feet attached to one long web.

"Speaking of loyalty." Tony flinched again, snapping his head to look behind him, eyes widening at the sight of the teenage Spider-Man. Peter's mask slowly retracted around his face as he gently touched onto the ground, releasing his web. "I know what you're going to say- "