Chapter 21

I must say, Xavier is spot on with his timings. 20 minutes later and he walked through the door. I heard the beeping from my heart monitor speed up and immediately felt a blush creep up my face. "Hi." I whispered out, similar to our phone call.

"Hey Angel, how are you feeling?" Xavier replies as he comes to take me hand again, the familiar warmth spreading through me.

"I'll live" I manage to reply with a slight grin, I can't let him see how much pain I actually am in.

"Who did this to you Rach? You could've died" He whispers, as he brings the back of his hand up to stroke the side of my face.

"Not now, please Xavier. I need to get out. No police. No police please" I hope that he is able to see the pleading in my eyes, and that he will do as I ask with no questions, I don't need another fight, not know.

"Police were going to be coming? Okay I can sort that, no police. But you need medical attention angel, I'm no doctor." He chuckles to himself, squeezing my hand a little tighter.

"No Xavier, please." I beg again, there's so many people in this damn hospital, they could easily know Will or Lynda, I need to leave, its why I never brought myself to a hospital with the other beatings, I knew my body would fix itself eventually.

Suddenly a serious look takes over Xavier's face, and I see that the cheerful and relaxed Xavier has left. "Okay." He makes a call on his phone, but only says "I'm coming out, make it clear". Then he starts to look at all the wires and other shit attached to me. Seeing the thoughts go through his mind I grab a handful of the wires and tubes and in one harsh movement, rip them out. A small bit of blood spurts out from my hand, but I grab a swab from the side and press it on the spurt, it will stop soon enough. A look of amusement and astonishment comes over Xavier's face before he realises that the machines were going batshit crazy because of what I had done. "How fast can you move?"

"A snail would beat me in a sprint"

Xavier chuckles, a grin forming on his face, showing his perfect teeth. It brought me strength, as I swinged my legs round so I was then sitting on the bed. But pain filled every crevice of my body, I felt like death itself. But before I realised what what going on, Xavier had one arm slipped under my legs, and one arm under my back, my arms naturally slid around his neck, as a clung onto him for dear life. In this moment I realised that I felt safe, truly safe, even if it was only for a split second. We made our way through the hospital corridors, and I noticed that there were no medical staff, no doctors, no nurses, not even porters. However, every 10 metres or so stood a man, each man built like a giant, all dressed in black, and all wearing sunglasses. Looking closer at them I saw a bulge under their suit jackets, a bulge that I recognised very well. A gun. Terror flew through me, and Xavier clearly sensed it as he gave me a small squeeze, "It's okay, they will never harm you, I will never harm you", and I believed him. I have no idea why I believed him, I'd never trusted anyone, but being here, in his arms, feeling safe, it meant that I believed him.

Once we reach outside I was put into the back of a car and Xavier soon followed me into the back. Two men were already in the front, they looked exactly like the ones in the hospital. As soon as Xavier shut the car door we quickly drove off, and I then realised there was an identical car in front of us, so I assumed that there would be another one behind us. Xavier squeezed my hand and looked into my eyes, "You're okay now angel, you're safe, no one will harm you again. I promise". But I knew that promise wouldn't last, Will and Lynda will always find a way to make my life hell, even if I left to New York, it would only be a matter of time before they found me again. But I left the panic leave me briefly, the exhaustion from the pain became too much, so I let my eyes drift down and my head fall to Xavier's shoulder. One thing that I knew for sure, this moment right here I would treasure forever, the feeling of safety, of peace.
——————————————————————-

Xavier's POV

Hearing Rachel's voice today brought a flood of relief to me. She was okay. I didn't know why this woman affected me so much, but she did, and the thought of her in danger or being hurt made me see red. So when she called me for help, for safety, I couldn't have been happier. Or so I thought, now I think I'm even happier than I was then, with her sleeping peacefully beside me, knowing that she won't be harmed again, now I believe I can't be any happier. Dean however brought me out of my thoughts, "We've arrived sir". Dean was technically my personal protection guard, but he was more like a brother to me.

"Thanks Dean." One of my other men, Tom, opened my door for me and then went round to get Rachel's, but I stopped him, no one will be touching her except me. Reaching for Rachel in the car I heard a slight murmur from here, "It's only me angel, we've arrived." After that she seemed to relax and wrapped her arms around me once more. She was so weak and fragile, I didn't know how anyone could do this to her, but not again, she was safe. I carried her inside and up to my room, I was not going to let her leave my side, not now, not ever. There was a doctor coming first thing tomorrow to ensure that she was okay, but looking at her sleeping so peacefully in my bed, I knew that she would be. I slid into the bed beside her, and wrapped my arms around her, my nose was filled by her floral scent, and I drifted to sleep. It was the first time I'd fallen asleep so easily in years, in fact I couldn't remember the last time I slept so quickly. It felt like home.