Chapter 26

Rachel's POV
Today was finally the day. My Birthday. Which also meant it was the first day of my new life.

It is currently 1am, which gives me enough time to go home to get important documents and then make it to the airport for my flight at 4:30am. Xavier was still out, I had heard him leave an hour ago, and I was fairly confident that he would be out all night. Which hopefully meant that by the time he, or anyone else, realises that I have gone, I will be starting my life over again in the 'Big Apple'.

However, even though I wanted to leave this grid awful life with not a single trace left behind, my mother had taught me manners. So because of this I had left a note behind for Xavier...

Xavier's POV

Dear Xavier,
I am writing this to say thank you, as well as I'm sorry. Your hospitality has been greatly appreciated, don't think that I am not grateful for all you have done for me. I just have other plans for this part of my life, unfortunately plans that I made long before I met you. Please don't try to find me, just accept that I am gone, you don't need to baggage that I bring with me anyway.
You saved my life, I will never forget that - or you. You and your friends gave me light in darkness, and hope in despair. I am doing this to protect you, so please, even though I will never forget you... Please forget me.
Love from,
Your Angel, Rachel x

"I'm sorry?...Plans... Baggage?... Forget her?" What the fuck is going on. More importantly where the fuck is Rachel.

She said not to try and find her, that idea can go to hell. My number one priority was finding this damn girl, and showing her that no one escapes from Knights. Ever since I first laid eyes on her when she moved across from my mother, I knew I had to have her. First of all, someone will pay for allowing her to escape. Secondly, someone will pay for forcing me to go out last night and clean up someone else's business. I should have been here, with her, making sure that she was okay. I will not lose her as well.

Pushing my emotions down, I reminded myself that this is what I did, finding people who didn't want to be found was in my day to day life. It was part of the reason why those on my team had to be such good fighters, when people are so desperate to stay hidden, they turn more dangerous and violent than anyone in any prison. Mainly because they would rather die than get caught for their fuck-ups.

I was in my office before I had registered that I was moving, my business mode had taken over. Picking up my phone, I called Archie, my right hand man in all things work. "Arch, mate, Rachel's gone"

"Gone? Xavier your house is basically Fort Knox, it's impossible for her to get out"

"Well unless if she's the world fucking champion and hide and seek, she ain't fucking here!"

"Well look, the normal places for hide and seek are under the bed, behind the curtain-"

"Archie!" I roar down the phone, I really do not have time for his bullshit right now.

Stifling his laughter I hear him reply, "Okay man chill, we'll find her. When was she last at yours?"

"I'm checking my cctv now but I can't see her anywhere, midnight onwards, I can't fucking see her man"

"Hmm, that's odd. Look dude I'll do a background on her, see if she has experience with security and cctv or something. If I were you? I'd be checking airports and coach stations at the moment."

"You're right. Okay call me if you find anything." And with that I hung up.

Rachel Ambers, I am finding you whether you like it or not.

Rachel's POV
Escaping had been quite simple really. Security always changes at 1:30, so hang onto the side of one of the massive trucks that bring them until they reach the gates, and you have a perfect way to escape in plain sight. Since I hadn't been fighting or working out in a while, my arms and hands had to use every last bit of strength so that I stayed in the driver's blind spot. But with this need of my new life, I could've clung on for hours.

Now? I'm and hour away from landing, and an hour away of becoming Amelia Sharpe. Looking at my new passport, driving licence, birth certificate and bank card, everything finally clicked into my reality. This was actually happening. This, my new identity, it wasn't a plan anymore. I was no longer Rachel Ambers, but instead Amelia Sharpe.

Rachel, although physically has been strong, in every other aspect of life had been weak. She was scared and fragile. Rachel was the past.

Amelia? Well Amelia was strong, fiery and fearless. She refused to be afraid, and would be the cliché bad-ass bitch. Amelia was the future.

When I landed in New York, I had one person who knew both identities. He was the brother of the gym owner back at home in England, he was my only risk with this transition. However, I had trusted his brother back in the UK with my life, so I knew his brother must be relatively trustworthy as well. It was with his help that I would maintain my fighting career and reputation, only now I would be under the name of Queen. He was also allowing me to stay until I had finally secured my flat/bed sit and had furniture to move in there. I was hoping that he would be the family I never had.

When the wheels of the plane finally touched the ground, the only thought in my head was bloody Taylor Swift... why?

The old Rachel can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, 'cause she's dead.