Chapter 1

"Bitch get your stupid arse down here now! And bring the bags that you should've packed, we're leaving, with or without you-" I heard my 'father' shout "-preferably without you but I don't feel like have the authorities on my back.." he continues under his breath.

I walk out of my room which consisted of an old, worn mattress, a broken set of draws and a small table which had a broken leg so it was pretty much useless. My dad's and step-mother's room was a lot better than mine, king sized bed, en suite, a TV, a shelf full of books, everything I only wish I could have. "Oi! Where are our bags?" Will (aka my dad) shouts

"Coming..." 

I drag their 5 bags and my one small hand luggage bag. I didn't really have much so I could easily fit it all in, I only had a few books, a pair of jeans, a handful jumpers, 3 tops, a pair of leggings and a dress that my dad makes me wear if some of his 'friends' are coming over, although I wouldn't really call it a dress. The dress barely covers my bum and comes down so low that my boobs are practically out. It then also has a low back and a thick slash that goes across my stomach to show my mid-riff. I actually think I would be more covered in a vest and nothing else. Oh and don't forget my street fighting kit - yep I street fight.

After I put the bags in the boot of the car I climb in the back and look at the old town house that held so many memories - both good and bad. Some of me, my mum and my dad, those were good times. But it holds bad ones, ones of my dad and step mum beating me black and blue, some of my dad's 'friends' having their... way, with me. Although I know America will be different, I won't be happy. I have been living in in that small house for my whole life, but my dad got offered a job that he and Lynda agreed he couldn't turn down.

I don't have any friends so at least I don't have to be saying bye to them, dad doesn't allow me to have friends as no-one can know that he and Lynda (my step mum) abuse me.

As the car starts to pull away I feel my eyes glass over. It feels like I am saying goodbye to my mum even though I know she is watching over me. I miss my mum so much sometimes. I miss her soft, soothing voice. I miss her comforting hugs. I miss her soft hands and hair that I used to love to play with so much. When I am feeling like this I usually go fighting to release it all but I'm going to have to wait for that. When I street fight I can't have anybody knowing who I actually am so I go by another name, like most famous street fighters do, which is Silent Shadow. I chose that name because they are the 2 things that everybody is scared of, silence and the unknown. I am an undefeated fighter and have many people that want to fight me when I go, I earn thousands which I have saved away in a bank account so that when I turn 18 I can get away from my father as fast as possible. Only a few months now, thank God!

I should probably take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Rachel Amber, I am 17. I have light brown hair which I hate because it is wavy, fine and reaches my lower back. I have blue/grey-ish eyes which are dull and lifeless. My skin is pale and scar filled. I hate myself and everybody else hates me too, I've just learned to live with it.

After a few hours in the car we arrive at Heathrow airport. We check their bags in and go through security. Our flight is soon called to the gate and before I know it I am sitting on a plane going to California. Of course I am sitting separately from Will and Lynda, which I am glad about, I don't think I would have been able to cope with being in a confined space with them for 9 hours.

When the plane takes off I pick a movie to watch and fall asleep. When I wake up I see that we are preparing to land. I can already tell jet-lag is going to be bitch, I'm wishing I'd forced myself to stay awake on the flight.

When we get out of the airport, a taxi is waiting for us. I put our bags in the boot and sit next to Lynda in the back, she gives me a disgusted look and moves even further away from me like I am some disease.

After about an hour we arrive at a small two story house. It is an off-white colour with a grey door. At least here I'm not going to have to worry about spending freezing winters in this house.

We climb out of the taxi and I see a boy around my age walk out onto his driveway across the road to us, he looks around my age and could easily be a model. His white v-neck hugged his torso and you could see his 6-pack through it. He wore a black leather jacket and black jeans that had ripped knees. He had black converse on his feet and his hair was in the sexy 'I-just-got-out-of-bed-and-couldn't-be-bothered-to-do-anything-with-it' look. I was snapped out of my trance by my step mother screeching at me "Sweetie do get the bags would you?" she said in her fake kind tone that told me that when we got inside I would be as good as toast.

After a few hours I had un-packed everything. My new room was basically the same as my old one except the drawers actually shut and I had a window seat, I am surprised Will and Lynda actually allowed it to be my bedroom. Although of course they had given me a beating as soon as we got in, so right now I am in my room cleaning my wounds, they're not that bad just a few cuts and bruises.

I had my first day of school tomorrow, God knows how that is going to go.