Eleven

[B]

"I don't know!" Zae repeated. I sighed.

"Zae, I can fix all this shit. I just need you to work with me. What did you see?" I said. He sighed.

"Zae!"

"I don't know, when you almost get shot up... memory is foggy." He said. I blew my breath, going over to the fridge and pulling out a water bottle.

"Drink this, and breathe." I instructed. He slowly opened the cap, chugging the water. I heard footsteps and looked up, seeing Nicki.

"So this is who was trying to kill us?" She joked.

"Not the best time." I said. She frowned, coming over and giving Zae a quick hug.

"It's early baby, what you doin' here?" She asked. I sighed.

"He was out with some friends, and then someone tried to do a drive by." I informed her. She raised her eyebrows, and I nodded.

"You alright now?" I asked him. He slowly nodded, putting the bottle down. "Close your eyes for me, try to figure out what you saw."

"Um... we was just chilling. Then, a gray sedan pulled up. I looked over..." he started.

"Good, what did you see?"

"Uh... the window rolled down. I saw the guy had a tattoo." He added.

"That's very good! What was it?" I said.

"I think... I think it was a crown... on his neck." He answered. I sucked my teeth, having an idea of who it was. "Then, they started shooting. We all ran."

"Baby, who were you with?" I asked.

"Um... Hysier, Jalen-" He started. I groaned and put my hand up to cut him off. Those two worked for me. My guess is someone found that out, and was out for them - to get me.

Zae was just gonna be collateral damage.

"Alright, you're gonna stay here." I said, getting myself together. "Nicki, make sure he doesn't leave."

"Where are you going?" Zae asked.

"To take care of this shit. Stop asking me questions." I said.

"Bey, I'm fine. You don't need to." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You're not fine, Zae. You're lucky. Now sit on the damn couch, I'll be back soon."

——

"He's at the club?" I repeated. My guy CJ tracked down the person who had started the shooting with Zae. CJ knows what the fuck he's doing. It wasn't too hard to get him.

Xavier White. He rolls with another gang. Pretty sure it's the nigga I've been at odds with.

"Positive. Tyrese, myself, and a few others are stationed outside. If anything goes wrong, we got you." He said. I nodded.

"Got it." I said, ending the call. I pulled my hair out of it's ponytail and pulled my dress down a bit more to show off my cleavage.

Thank god I forgot to get that dress I wore my first night with Jay from my trunk.

Walking into the club, I frowned. So many bitches were here, especially at this weird ass hour. I ordered two tequila shots, downing them quickly. I then ordered a vodka soda, sipping on it as I looked for Xavier.

Scanning the room, I spotted him. I took a deep breath and walked over to his seat.

"This spot taken?" I asked. He grinned, leaning back.