One

[B]

"Shit," I groaned, hearing that two more of my guys had just been shot.

"Are they still alive?" I asked.

"Xavier is, I don't think Marcus is." I heard one of my partners, Tyrese, answer. I sighed.

"Damnit... bring Xavier back. I'll have someone check him out. Are you sure Marcus is..." I trailed off. There was brief silence.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He said. I closed my eyes.

"Alright, bring Xavier back. Get out of there asap, feds might be on the way." I told him, hanging up.

"Fuck!" I shouted, chucking a book on my table across the room.

"You okay?" I heard at my door. It was my roommate and best friend - Nicki.

"No, I'm fucking pissed!" I yelled. She opens the door, leaning on the frame.

"Two more, Nicki. One didn't make it. I swear to god, I want that nigga dead. I'll put a bullet in him myself, if I have to." I ranted to her. Nicki wasn't really involved in this shit, but I told her everything.

I rarely did any of the dirty work now. I just organized it and then had people do shit for me. I actually hated having to kill people, and try to avoid it, but I'd still do so without hesitation.

Over the past few months, I've been in basically this "war" with some nigga who runs shit also on my block. I have no idea who he is, but he's been taking out my people for fun at this point. He thinks it's a warning or some shit.

It's at the point where all of my people know to light up anybody they see working for him. No hesitation.

"Okay, let's calm down. Yelling ain't gon' do shit. You gonna get him back?" She asked. I sighed.

"I don't know, I need to talk to Xavier and figure out what happened. Marcus, he was the other, he didn't make it. I feel awful, Nick," I said. Nicki sat down next to me.

"He was only doing this shit because his mom was struggling. He wanted to help her..." I said. She nodded.

"Damn," she mumbled.

"He wasn't even supposed to be out posted up. I specifically told Ty that he just does drop offs. I'm gonna fuck that nigga up for letting him do that shit!" I said, getting pissed all over again. I closed my eyes and blew my breath.

"I'll be back in a few, I have shit to do." I said. Nicki frowned.

"Don't do nothin' stupid, Beyoncé." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"I won't." I mumbled. She raised her eyebrow.

"I'm deadass. If I get a collect call from the county jail I'm leaving your ass in there for timeout. Think about what you've done." She said.

"Haha." I said monotonously. "I'll be back by six, text me if you want me to pick up dinner."

"Bet, get Chipotle. You know my order." She said. I nodded. I could go for Chipotle.

I grabbed my keys off my desk, beginning to head out. "Be safe!" Nicki called. I smiled.

"I always am,"

——

"I know damn fucking well," I mumbled walked out around the corner with my Chipotle. Rolling my eyes, I put my stuff in my car before slamming the door shut.

"Zae... I know you fucking lying!" I yelled, quickening my pace as I neared him.

Zae was a kid who went to the local high school, he was a junior. I used to babysit him about seven or eight years ago, he's been like a little brother ever since.