Twenty

[B]

I woke up, frowning when I didn't see Jay next to me. My frown got worse when I began to realize I didn't feel that well. My nose was stuffed, throat was sore, and a migraine was beginning to build.

"Damnit!" I groaned, sniffing. I got up and went into Jay's closet, searching for something to throw on since I fell asleep naked.

I found some shorts and a T-shirt I liked, putting it on. I walked downstairs, holding my head with one hand.

"Jay," I called out, my voice still raspy.

"Wassup?" I heard. I watched him appear from his kitchen. "You look like shit, ma." He said, making me mug him.

"Thank you, good morning to you too." I said sarcastically. He chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I ain't mean it like that. I just meant you look... sick?" He said. I sighed.

"I haven't been feeling 100% the past few days, and I think today it finally hit me." I said, taking in a deep breath.

"You still think you can get on that flight later?" He asked. I nodded slowly.

"Mhm, I just... I need to get some food, water, and medicine in my system." I said softly. I walked over to his couch, grabbing a blanket and cocooning myself.

"Can you just doordash something and cuddle with me?" I asked. Jay chuckled.

"You gon' get me sick." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Your penis was in me last night, I think you're already infected." I said sharply.

"You mad as hell," he joked, coming over and pecking my forehead. "Imma cook something though. Doordash be taking forever and then got the audacity to jack the price." I groaned, tossing my head back.

"Don't be a baby." He sung. "Imma chef up somethin' real good. Ya man got hands in the kitchen." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"My man, hm?" I said, looking at him. He crossed his arms.

"Hell yeah nigga, your man?" He said. I laughed at how serious he got.

"Baby, I'm playing. It's nice to hear that. Has a nice ring to it." I said.

"I know what has a better ring to it." He mumbled. I raised my eyebrow.

"Speak up!" I said. He chuckled.

"Nah cause knowin' your ass, you gon' run away and block me." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I won't." I said. He chuckled.

"I said, I know what has a better ring to it." He said.

"What's that?" I said, knowing the answer.

"Mrs. Carter." He said, smirking. I felt my cheeks flush, looking away from him.

"And keep your ass on that couch. If I turn around and you gone, I'm pulling up and fighting you." He said, turning to get some things out of his cabinet.

"I wouldn't actually run away. I am not that bad at this stuff, baby!" I defended. He laughed.

"You still calling our relationship 'this stuff', so I don't know if I'm convinced." He said.