Four

[B]
9:37pm

It's been about three weeks since my little adventure with Jay.

I have not stopped thinking about him.

Not just because of the sex, while it was amazing, but because of how I felt - emotionally - when I was with him for those few hours. I haven't felt like that before. It was really nice.

I'm trying to stick with my self-agreement to leave relationships alone for the time being, but it's taking everything in me not to go back to his club and see if I can find him.

I groaned out loud in frustration with my dilemma. "Hey Siri, call Onika." I said, listening as my car dialed Nicki's number.

"I'm getting Taco Bell." I told Nicki. It had been a long day, but I was hungry and wanted to grab some food. I decided to be nice and ask her if she wanted anything.

"Ew Beyoncé, do not get that. I want Dairy Queen." She said. I gagged.

"You goin' to hell for even saying that. Text me if you want something from Taco Bell. You can get your own food if you don't want it." I said. I heard her groan.

"You're such a bitch." She said. I laughed.

"Mhm, I know..." I trailed off, seeing Zae's number flash on my car screen.

I furrowed my eyebrows, frowning. "Nick, I gotta go. Zae's calling me."

"He okay?" She asked.

"I'm about to find out. I'll call you back." I said, hanging up and answering Zae.

"Bey?" He said quietly.

"Isaiah, what's up?" I said. I heard something, but it sounded muffled.

"I can't hear you, speak up some." I said.

"I said can you come get me?" He whispered, a little louder. I frowned again.

"What's wrong?"

"Ricky's drinking again... and mama's not here." He mumbled. I groaned softly. Ricky was his mother's boyfriend. He was an awful person, Zae and I both hated him.

He would get drunk all the time, sometimes he's hit Zae before while under the influence. Zae's only 16; Ricky's a big guy. I remember when he called me the first time after Ricky got him. It wasn't pretty. I was close to fucking Ricky up, but Zae wouldn't let me.

"Okay, where are you right now." I asked, changing my route to go to his place.

"My room," he responded.

"Alright, I'm on my way babe. Just stay quiet and to yourself. I'll be there in ten minutes, okay? Don't hang up." I said to him.

"Okay." He said.

"Hold tight."

-

Zae was very quiet as we drove. He was just staring out the window. I sighed, turning into Taco Bell.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"Nothin', I'm okay." He mumbled.

"Honey, what do you want?" I repeated. "I'm getting you something regardless, so I'm giving you the option to choose."

"The burrito supreme with a Baja blast." He said softly. I nodded, placing his, mine, and Nicki's order.

"Does Ricky know you left?" I asked, putting our food in the backseat.

"I don't think so, he wasn't paying any attention to me." He said. I nodded. I could tell he wasn't in the mood to talk, so I decided to leave it until later.