Seventeen

[B]

"So are y'all like official, official?" Nicki I asked. I sighed.

"I don't know, I think? He doesn't wanna put labels on us yet because he doesn't want to rush me. It's been like nearly two weeks of this, but we've been linking every day. That doesn't sound that long, but I'm ready to call him my man." I said. She chuckled.

"Look at you. Mrs. Pimpin' falling in love." She said. I giggled.

"Don't do me." I said. My phone buzzed, making me look down. "Speaking of the devil."

Jay👫🏽: 7:00pm. Be ready. Dress nice.

"Bitch!" I squealed. "He boutta take me out!"

"Word? Look at God!" She said, reading the text and matching my energy. I grinned.

"You look so happy." She commented. I blushed.

"Stop," I dragged.

"I'm serious. I haven't seen you this happy in a while. I love it." She said. I pouted, touching my heart.

"I really, really enjoy being with him. We actually talked about everything a few weeks ago when we decided to take this step. You know I hate talking about my past with almost everyone. But, he made me feel so comfortable. He really listened and made sure I was alright." I told her.

"I think he's good for you." She said.

"I hope so." I said.

Nicki sighed. "I have to tell you something, and I feel really bad about it." I frowned, looking at her.

"You know your trip to Houston scheduled for this Saturday?" She asked.

I decided to go. I knew I'd always be wondering what would've happened, and blaming myself for anything that did happen, if I didn't go. I don't have the energy to add that to my list of emotional problems.

If I go, that doesn't mean I have to do anything. I can just go and see what happens.

Even still, the opportunity to bitch my family out one last time is too good to pass up.

"Yeah?"

"I can't get off." She rushed. My eyes got big.

"No, no... Nicki!" I whined. "Stop, please say you're lying."

"I'm not, I'm so sorry. My boss won't let me." She said.

Three deep breaths in. Three deep breaths out.

"I can't do this without you, I can't!" I started, working myself up.

"Please don't cry babe, I'm sorry." She said. "You're gonna do fine!"

"No, I'm not. I need you there with me." I said.

"If I could, I would. I want nothing more than to be there with you." She said. I felt my breathing increasing. The only reason I was okay with going in the first place was because I knew Nicki was gonna be there with me.

"Okay, okay... calm down. Maybe... maybe ask Jay?" She offered. I shook my head.

"I can't ask him! It's too soon!" I said.

"It can't hurt to see?" She said. I sighed.

"I just... I need to get ready." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, Bey." She said.

"Mhm, it's fine." I replied softly.

"It's such bad timing, but I need to leave for work. It's a late night, so I probably won't be here until sometime in the early AM. I'll check in later. Be safe, be smart." She said. She gave me a quick hug before leaving.