raichi todoroki ~ easter

[help. writing anyone other than a brat is difficult]

Moving to japan took a lot of things away from you. Not only were your family and friends were no longer at your side but you had to continue to grow on your own.

Nonetheless, it brought you so many better things. In your opinion, transferring to Yakushi High was truly the best decision you had ever made.

The school really did bring so much happiness to you, more than you were able to explain in the simplicity that is words; yet it left you with a little hole it your heart that you were unable to close up.

The traditions that you experienced growing up and the culture that surrounded you had suddenly changed. Days that previously had you waiting for were now nothing but another day at school. Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving... your favourite holidays were barely celebrated here, but you had come to terms with that by now.

...or at least you thought you had

"Good morning L/n, ready for another day of hard work?!"

The coach smiled at you as he stretched in the morning sun. He held a coffee in his right hand, and you quickly realized that's why he was in such a good mood. You had practices daily, but only when Sanada had the time to bring the Coach some of his coffee was he ever smiling like that.

You waved at him as you put your bag down. "Morning Coach! Happy Ea- happy Sunday!"

Sanada quickly ran to your side, using you as an excuse as he normally tried to. "Coach, Y/n over here needs help cleaning up. Since she's not here Saturdays, Sundays really are difficult for her, aren't they?"

You nodded. "Of course they are! Incredibly and super duper difficult sir."

"In that case," the coach sighed and looked over to the other boys who continued to practice, "...help her after practice. She shouldn't be that useless, we keep her around for a reason."

Sanada sighed and went back to his exercices, leaving you alone with the older Todoroki. You sat down on the bench beside him before starting up a fun conversation.

"You did call me somewhat useless, you know that right?" You questioned your coach and raised an eyebrow at him.

He shrieked, earning the look of the teammates who, due to their formidable concentration, hadn't yet noticed your arrival. "Raichi, come over here for a second and show L/n something or something! I've got to go do something!"

As the coach's pathetic reasoning was excused, and he walked towards the other players, he left you to chat with his son who was walking towards you with his bat in hand.

You swore that even holding the baseball bat gave him confidence that no one ever expected from the quiet and shy boy that he was in every other situation other than the field.

"You tired?" You asked him, starting the conversation as you held him a bottle. "I'm guessing that yours got hot from the heat, but don't worry mine still has ice cubes in it! It's cold as ever!"

The boy only raised an eyebrow at this, taking a second before accepting the offer and drinking some of the water from your bottle.

"Indirect kiss!" You heard your bratty upperclassman call and you felt your cheeks heat up, not noticing the red cheeks on the boy beside you.

"SANA-SENPAI GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" You yelled before standing up from the bench. "Sorry Raich', I have to go deal with that idiot before he says.. more stupid things."

You ran off, leaving Raichi confused for a reason that you would not be able to guess. He watched you chase Sanada around and he failed to hide the shy smile that crossed his face after he saw you weren't able to catch up to the upperclassman.