kuramochi yoichi ~ movie tickets and art galleries

At 5AM on a Friday morning, one where he'd usually wake up past ten, an unusually persistent call keeps making Kuramochi Yoichi's phone ring.

"Kuramochi-senpai," Sawamura murmurs in his sleep, "please answer your phone. If it's this early, it might be an emer.." The boy trails off, not finishing his sentence.

Kuramochi, on the other hand, has been wide awake since his phone had first rung, but had attempted to persevere and wait until the unknown caller got the clue and stopped.

Frustrated, Kuramochi finally gets up from his bunk bed and down the ladder. He looks over to Sawamura, who's a pretty deep sleeper once he actually falls asleep, relieved that he didn't get fully woken up.

Without sparing a glance to the name on his phone, he walks out of his room before he presses the green answer button and bringing the phone up to his ear.

"Hello, this is Kuramochi Yoichi, who is this?" Despite his delinquent look, his language is rather polite when he doesn't know who he's talking to. Even if it's 5AM on a Friday morning.

"You-chan! Why haven't you been answering?"

Recognizing the voice, he relaxes his shoulders and takes a seat on the bench in front of his dorm. "We get to sleep in on Fridays. I was busy trying to ignore your call, mom."

"See," his mother sighs, "this is exactly why Y/n doesn't like you!"

"Thanks for letting me know, I was getting pretty curious," Kuramochi grumbles. His voice is deeper than it usually is this early, proving that he's tired and newly annoyed. "Now, why'd you call me so early?"

Kuramochi can hear his mother talking to someone else, probably his grandfather or father, and then she explains. "Mio-chan is getting married and we want you to come visit for her wedding."

"Mio-chan?" Kuramochi repeats, his back casually slouching on the wall behind him. "Y/n's mom?"

"Yup! See, she met this really charming man, Adams-kun, two years ago when she went to America, I think you met him a few times.. and they're finally getting married!" His mother sounds cheerful. She's been best friends with your mother forever, it's only natural. "It's in around a month from now and I'll text you the details! You don't have to stay long either so you can keep focusing on your baseball!"

"Adams-san is a nice man, I'm sure Mio-san will be happy," he says, his thoughts shifting to you, starting to feel unsure if you would think the same. "How's Y/n feeling about this? Is she there?"

"She's still studying in Kyoto, but she'll be back by the end of the month so she'll have a week with them before the wedding," his mother explains. "Either way, you'll get to see her in a beautiful dress! Mio-chan wants to have a Western styled wedding for him, and Y/n will be one of her bridesmaids! She'll be beautiful!"

"Yeah yeah I'm sure she will," he mumbles indolently.

"You just agreed with me?!" His mother exclaims, surprised and delighted. "Pops, my son just agreed with me for maybe the first time in his life! And it was about Y/n, of all things!"

His mother exchanges a few words with what seems to be his grandfather when Kuramochi hears footsteps coming his way. "That's good for you. I've got to head out, looks like I've got some company."