miyuki kazuya ~ coming home

[a number of long chapters on their way, i'm too lazy to proofread them so i'll probably just publish them]

Life is fucking exhausting.

From 9:00am to 3:00pm, you go to school. You spend every moment either socializing with people that you're not even sure you'll recognize in five years or studying in courses that you're unsure if you'll even pursue.

From 4:00pm to 11:00pm, you work. It's not bad. It's easier than school. The restaurant is fast paced and the customers are as rude as people are to any teenage workers when they try their hardest. Your coworkers are all living the same life as you and your fifteen minute break is just enough to chat about how exhausting life can be.

"L/n, you're done for the night," your coworker reminds you. It's only 10:00pm, earlier than your normal shift, and you're sure it's because your boss sees how tired you've seemed this week; even though you had hoped it didn't show, it was probably too obvious to ignore. "It's Thursday, are you going to go see your boyfriend today or is he busy with his baseball?"

You manage to nod as casual as ever, contrasting to the fast beating heart inside of your ribcages. "He doesn't have baseball practice this late," you reply. "I'm sure he's tired though."

"And I'm sure that despite that, he still wants to see you," your coworker says with a radiantly bright smile on her face. "Stay safe take it easy tonight." She taps your shoulder before she passes by to serve a table of old women who normally play poker.

"Thank you Shin-Ae, have a good night!"

Fortunately, the Thursday lights makes the night as bright as midway through the day. There are still people leaving work so the trains and busses you take are crowded enough to make you feel safe by yourself.

You listen to music on your way back. The mellow indie music playing in your earbuds nearly puts you to sleep, and only the idea of seeing your boyfriend after a long week is able to keep you awake.

After a long hour of making your way to your apartment, where your boyfriend often spends his Thursday and Friday nights, you arrive at your front steps.

You take your keys out of your wallet and unlock the door lazily and slowly, feeling as though you'll fall asleep at any moment.

When you step in you immediately notice how clean the small Tokyo apartment looks- nothing like it had when you had left it that morning. The floor looks mopped, the dishes have been washed, the books have been put away.

Your first step in the kitchen makes you spot a note with the sole plate of food in the whole room in front of it.

I made some food. Warm it up if it's cold.

His writing is the same as usual, easily recognizable for the cursive and elegant writing that you find doesn't quite fit his regularly cheeky personality.

You pause and look back around to your front door steps and to the small shelf that holds your three pairs of different shoes. You needed to check, and there they are, his cheap black sneakers that he keeps even though they have holes in them. You're sure to but him nice shoes when you save up enough money.

You look back at the food and take a seat. The food is room temperature, just how you like it, and you take the chance to admire how great your boyfriend is at cooking. He seems to be a carefree freak who only cares about baseball, and although he is the latter part, he does care about what skills he could need in the future.

Seven minutes later, you wash your plate and put it where the suddenly-clean plates are in a cabinet that you can barely reach.

It takes you a few seconds to compose yourself to open your own bedroom door. You had just had perhaps the most relaxing seven minutes of your whole week, with no expectations except for enjoying your food to be had, and now you were bound to see the person you've been missing the most.

You slowly creek the door open, and immediately do you spot him.

His glasses are placed on your bedside table sloppily facing down. Half of his hair is tied behind his head with a blue elastic he took from you last week. The blanket isn't even covering him, but it lays next to him folded neatly. He probably tried to clean up the most he could to stay up, but in the end, baseball boys go to bed early.

You approach him as quietly as you can and slip into the space beside him. You attempt to take the folded blanket when suddenly an arm grabs your waist.

"Woah-"

You fumble into the arm behind you and then look into brown eyes that had made brown your favourite colour. "Sorry I fell asleep." He rubs his eyes.

"Kazuya," you breathe.

His name has become his favourite word when it comes out of your mouth, and you can tell by the way that his face softens and his lips curl. "Y/n," he imitates you. He laughs, lighthearted and carefree, and sits up behind you. "I missed seeing you."

"I missed seeing you too," you reassure him, although he can definitely tell by how close your eyes are getting to his own, as if you were making sure that he's really there.

Kazuya blinks a few times and a grin has the time to grow on his face before plants a small kiss onto your lips. "You've had a long week, so let's just relax tonight and then have fun tomorrow night," Kazuya suggests.

You frown, knowing that he won't be kissing you any more than that tonight. It takes you a dozen seconds, but you do give up at the face of Kazuya's too innocent-looking eyes that have convinced you to just cuddle tonight. "Fine."

He nods cheerfully and lets go of you to grab the blanket that you hadn't had the chance to. He brings the edges of it to the edges of the single bed that you own and then wraps his arms back around you.

"I guess I am tired." You yawn on cue and then move into Kazuya's chest. "Thank you for cleaning and for the food."

"That's just what friends do," he says playfully.

As deserved, you take the chance to pinch his arm and he lets out a small girlish squeal. He always does this to get on your nerves, and it always ends like this. "Shut up mister my-boyfriend."

"Okay okay miss my-girlfriend," he continues and you hear him yawn as he tangles your legs together under the covers. "I'm going to sleep now." He squeezes you to his chest. "Goodnight. I love you Y/n."

"Goodnight Kazuya. I love you too," you reply as you take a moment to think of your week. "Maybe life isn't that exhaust-"

And you fell asleep.