Chapter 20

{Elsa's P.O.V.}

My bare calves touched the cold, marble of Jack's bathtub. I shouldn't be hiding practically naked in Jack's tub.

This wasn't right. I shouldn't be hidden. I was hurt that Jack didn't want whoever these people were to meet me.

I listened as well as I could in the tub but all I heard were mumbles and laughing and... sobbing?

I heard the doorknob turning and gasped. I slipped farther down into the tub and heard footsteps coming closer.

"Here," my clothes dropped on my lap, "You might want this."

I looked up at Jack, his eyes red like he had been crying, "What's going on?"

He made a noise like a cross between a laugh and a sob, "Get dressed first."

I got my clothes and dropped his robe and he raised his eyebrows, "You just like my ass."

He chuckled and shook his head, "Nah. You're a package."

I rolled my eyes and got dressed, "Well, who are the people?"

He grinned and I swear I saw a tear fall, "My grandparents! They're here and they found me," he picked me up and twirled me around, "THEY'RE TAKING ME BACK HOME! I'LL SEE MY FRIENDS AGAIN AND MY FAMILY AND..."

I pushed myself out of his arms, "I'm glad Jack. That's, that's great."

His eyes widened as he realized what he said, "No Elsa. Not like that."

He grabbed my wrist and I turned to face him, "Listen. I want what's best for you. It's great to be with people you love. Go be happy."

I left him in the bathroom and saw two old people, probably his grandparents, "Take care of him. He needs to be loved."

Then I grabbed my coat and left.

{Jack's P.O.V.}

I tore open the bathroom door.

"Gram, Gramps. I can't leave this town. I've made so many new friends and I've fallen in love. I was wondering if you could maybe move here?"

Gram smiled, "Your Gramps and I were just talking about that with Ms. Layton. She said you've been so much happier lately. So we'll check out some apartments, so who knows."