Chapter 9

{Elsa's P.O.V.}

Jack and I decided on this: we'd go on a real date, get to know each other, then see about the whole dance thing. Even though it was only mid November (THEY LIVE ON THE EAST COAST, THIS IS NORMAL) but the ground was covered in a layer of snow. I called him when an idea hit me.

"Jack?"

"Hello Elsa. What's up?"

"Can we change the date? Um this may sound weird but, I'd rather go to the park and walk around. I really love the snow."

He laughed, "I like the snow too. Sounds like a wonderful date. I'll see you in 15, alright?"

"Yeah okay bye." I hung up.

15? 15 minutes?! I haven't even begun to get ready yet! I rummaged through my closet trying to decide on an outfit. I finally picked a fluffy cream sweater and a blue blouse. My skirt was white with snowflake accents and, of course, I was wearing tights and leg warmers.

I had already done my hair up and had seven minutes left to spare. I left my room and went into the hallway to find my shoes. That's when Anna stopped me.

"You cannot leave the house like," she motioned to my head, "this. Come on, come on, to the BATHROOM!"

Anna plucked and pulled and twisted and layered makeup on my face

"And for the hair....."

She released my hair from the bun and let it lay on my shoulders,

"You should wear it down more often."

We heard the doorbell ring, "I'LL GET IT!"

Anna ran downstairs, "OH EEEELLLLSSAAAAA! SOMEONE'S HERE TO SEE YOUUUUU!"

{Jack's P.O.V.}

I heard a soft "okay" and saw her come down the stairs. She looked stunning. She was wearing a light amount of makeup that made me notice her blue eyes.

I put out my arm for her to link her's through, "Well let's go. Our ride awaits."

She slowly linked her arm through and blushed, "Uh okay Anna, I'll see you for dinner."

Anna's smile spread across her face, "Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Elsa! See you later!"

We walked out of the house and got in my car. I stupidly blurted out, "You look beautiful."

She blushed and flattened out her skirt nervously and said, "Thank you. You look handsome."

I started up the car and we drove to the park. On the ride there we got a tea to-go and then got out at the park. At first it was quiet and all that was leaving our mouth was breaths.

I sighed and said, "Elsa, look this entire thing is going to be so awkward if we don't get past this. I'm sorry for coming off as rude or snotty. It's just that, I'm not really social able and I'm sor-"

I was interrupted by lips on mine. I opened my eyes quick enough to see Elsa pull away. She blushed and tucked a loose hair behind her ear, "I, uh, it's okay. I believe that you're sorry. And, um, sorry about that kiss, it was kinda a spur-of-the-moment-highschool-thing. Sorry I just thought..."

I held her hand in mine and smiled at her, "Elsa, would you like to, play in the snow?"

Her eyes sparkled, "We're not really dressed for snow," and she giggled, "but I don't mind if you don't mind."