3 | Fall for you

Bit of a shorter chapter but it going to get good soon dw o_O

Time skip (10 years) Karl- 21, nick- 20

The full moon shone into Karl's bright blue eyes, he looked over to nick scratching his neat, short beard. Both their legs swung back and forth in sync across the edge of the rocky cliff. Karl was lost in nicks beauty, how could one be so handsome and be sitting right next to him right now, he was just a poor boy who lived in a bakery. And he somehow ended here. Secretly In love with a prince...

"Karl"... "kaaarlll" sapnap shouted, attempting to break karl out of his daydream. Eventually karl shook his head and flinched in shock. "Oh sorry, i was just erm just l- looking at that cloud in the sky over there" he stuttered. "There's not a cloud in sight what the honk are you on about" nick teased. Another silence emerged as karl was lost for words and nick shook his head, continuing to gaze at the full moon in front of them, this time with a cheeky smirk stretched across the right side of nicks face.

After a while they both zoned out, staring out onto the tiny village. Nicks fingers grazed the brown dust that blanketed the floor as his hand got inches closer to Karl's. soon enough nicks pinky was close enough to latch around Karl's, he took it all slow, unsure of how karl would react.

In Karl's mind he knew what was happening, he managed to catch a glimpse of nicks hand close to his from the corner of his eye. He began to panic, what does he do, does he do it back, will he embarrass himself, what if nicks just doing it accidentally, why is nick doing this. All the thoughts spiralled like a tornado, his breathing became heavier. He had to think fast. Suddenly he raised his hand from the ground and lifted himself to his feet. He lightly tapped nick on the shoulder yelling "tag your it" as he began to run into the distance. Nick sat for a minute. Unable to process what had just happened, "nick are u gonna join" karl shouted sassily like a 5 year old. Nick stood up, brushing the dirt of his clothes and prepared himself to chase karl.

The wind crawled through Karl's fluffy, brunette hair as he ran till his legs were too tired to run anymore. He looked back and saw nicks figure getting bigger as he came closer towards him. He continued to run, laughing to the point where tears created a blurred layer over his pupils. He tried to slow down to wipe his teary eyes but it was too late, he was unable to see the small tree root in his direct path. He tripped and fell onto the cold, hard ground. It wasn't until then that he realised nick was very close to catching up with him. To close to even react when Karl stumbled to the ground. His heels dragged through the dirt as he tried to stop himself. It all happened so quick. Next thing he knew he was laying on top of the small framed boy. Both of them heavy panting from exhaustion. They stared into each other's blue eyes the colour of the ocean, like the one they could hear in the distance, past the silent, sleeping village. 

And u know what they say, 'time flies by when your having fun'.

Karl broke the romantic silence and looked down as his wrist where his watch was. '4:34 am'. His eyes widened and his eyebrows raised. "What's wrong?" Nick asked as he climbed to his feet and brushed the dirt off of his hands. "I think u should go now" "oh" nick replied, looking down at the ground. "I'm sorry, that wasn't meant to happen karl it was an accid-". karl interrupted as he also climbed to his feet, "no nick it wasn't that, i mean u sho- u should go because its getting late" "oh, okay then, thanks Karl" he replied awkwardly, scratching the back of his sweaty neck. "Ill uh see u tomorrow, okay?" he rushed off into the direction of the castle walls, Karl watched him until he was out of sight. He looked down at the floor and replied.

"Okay"