7 | Not at the dinner table

"I'm sick of you two" niki shouted. "Being royal is stressful, we all get that, now stop arguing before we get into a crash and then who will be to blame"

Nick stared out into the empty fields in silence, watching the empty fields turn into more busy crows exited for their presence as they reached their mysterious destination...

"What?" He asked. Almost dropping his knife and fork. 

"You heard me" his father replied through a full mouth of food.

A hand delicately wrapped around his clenched fists. Nick looked over at the young, beautiful girl sat beside him. A girl named Alex, dressed in a satin dark blue dress, matching gloves that reached her elbows and a small silver tiara tangled between her perfectly done black hair. "Nicholas what's wrong?" She asked with her sweet angelic voice. Although behind the hypnotising voice, nick could hear the pure evil and tease in her voice. He was the only one though.

King William placed down his gold cutlery and lightly patted his mouth with the neatly folded napkins on the table. "Butler" a posh, monotone voice shouted from opposite the king. The butler dressed in a formal suit, one black glove, one white, quickly emerged behind the kings chair and pored more wine into the fancy wine glass.

"I'm going to the bathroom" nick announced and stormed out of the large dining hall, slamming the wooden doors behind him, startling the many guards outside. The king sighed loudly and went to follow his son. Niki grabbed his arm and pulled him back down into his chair, looking up and him and shaking her head in shame.

A few minutes later nick arrived and sat back in his chair. As he sat down he felt Alex's arm link his. He felt disgusted, he didn't even know who she was yet...

And here they are. Engaged??

As it fell 5 pm, they bid their goodbyes and travelled back to their grand castle.

He crawled onto his overly large bed and tucked his knees into his chest. Hours later he heard a quiet knock on his door. His head flung up and he immediately looked over at the mirror. He started at himself, realising the mess he was, then responded to the knock, "go away". Nick realised his mind was too blank to remember to lock the door. It was too late. The circular gold doorknob began to turn. Questions filled nicks blank mind. Who was it? Was it his father? Was he mad? What was he going to do? Nicks body refused to cooperate with his mind, causing him to stay completely still.

Suddenly, a pretty face emerged from a slight crack in the doorway. Floris.

Floris was the wife of clay, her and nick had always been good friends, she was the only one who fully understood how nick felt. She too was the child of a king from a far away land. King eret. Though she also had older siblings. 3 to be exact. Then she obviously found clay. The love of her life. And now she is an upcoming queen.

Nick felt a huge relief leave his body , a little smile snook onto his face, giving her the ticket to enter his room. She stumbled her way over, protecting her giant baby bump from hitting any furniture. She sat on the edge of his bed in silence, stroking out any creases that had formed in her flowing orange skirt. Nick could feel another painful stabbing in his heart. Like the same one he felt when he was first told the news. He couldn't hide his emotional side any longer, he sobbed into his smart formal wear, suddenly he felt a small tug on his shoulder, causing him to fall into floris' arms. They sat there in a peaceful silence as nick finally released all of his emotions.

after nicks sobs turned into quiet sniffles, he raised his head to look into his friends eyes. "why is my father making me do this" he asked through small voice cracks. the woman sat for a minute, thinking of a way to answer him in her calm and peaceful way. then she spoke. "its just the way the royal family works, I know, it sucks because... because I know how you feel" nicks  eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "me and your brother were forced into marriage too... and then we fell in love, and now were having a child-" "did you fall in love?" Nick questioned. soon after realising he may have pushed the limits he responded "Im sorry I didn't mean to-" she interrupted "no, no, its fine, we have to face the truth at some point or another". another silence emerged, except this time nick couldn't figure out whether it was a peaceful silence or just awkward. he looked down at her hands and took them in one hand, the other placed on her stomach carrying his niece who he promised to care for. she looked down at her bump, her caring voice eventually spoke up, "sometimes you've got to make sacrifices".

The next day, Floris and clay welcomed a beautiful baby boy to the family.