23 | Sense

!TW: SUICIDE!

He'd never felt so much pain, and he didn't know why.

Nick stood there, on the top of the cliff. Overthinking, his mind started to fill up with thoughts that made his heart feel so heavy. He then quickly realised, not wanting to believe it, but all his pain was brought by Karl. But how could the love of his life bring him so much pain?

Tears started to fill up in Karl's eyes as the deep thoughts started to take control. His mind quickly shut out all the noise audible to him, only being able to hear the intrusive thoughts running through his brain.

"You never loved me", nick said to the boy that stood beside him, barely being able to let out any words, "but i have always loved you."

"Then why didn't you come back to me when i tried to stay"

"All the love i ever felt for you took over, blocking out all the painful thoughts, leaving me even more overwhelmed"

Both hearts began to ache, realising that their love for each other segregated the pain away to a different place in their mind. Karl wanted to forget all the pain he ever felt, leading him into this trap.

Nicks vision became blurry as his throat began to close, suffocating him. His breathing patterns began to increase, less air flowing into his lungs every breath.

Karl started to forget why he was here and how his family and friend George helped him through every step in his life. Those thoughts started to disappear as he slid his fingers against nicks, they both held each other's hand tight. Like they were saving each other from the unthinkable that is yet to come. Nick looked down at Karl, and back out into the starry night, then, his toes slowly lifted off the ground.

They fell.

The minute nicks body left the ground an instant regret started to fill his body. "Why did i do this" he thought to himself, realising all he had left behind. All the painful thoughts started to flow out of his mind as new regretful ones started to come in. He started to think about his loved ones, he never admitted it, but oh how he loved them dearly, as much as he despised the fact he was married to such an evil women, he loved being a dad, he loved his beautiful blonde boy with all his heart. And although his father never acted like a father, he still cared for him. Like his mother said "being royal is hard, we all get that". And clay. Clay was a typical old brother, thinks he was better than him, teased him all he could. But deep inside he felt safe around him, like if he was in trouble clay would always be there. Then he started to think about the actual reason he was still here. Karl.

The cliff karl grew up on started growing taller and taller the faster he fell. He started to lose his sense of hearing, the sound on shops opening from the village above was somehow the only thing he could here. Then it all went silent. No more listening to the bullshit they put on the radio news, no more listening to stories George told him, no more listening to the ringing of a bell when someone walked through the bakery door, not more listening to nicks soothing voice.

Nick started to lose his sense of smell, oh the sweet smell of bread from Karls body.

They started to lose all their sense, apart from touch, they both still felt the soft touch of each other's hand, how long they both waited to hold them. They felt lifeless.

They reached the ground.