"Let the fun begin"

song recommendation: you should see me in a crown- Billie Eilish

Autumn POV:

"Okay pretty boy. Right now?", I ask, trying not to show the fact that I am nervous.

"I was thinking when night falls, but sounds to me like you cannot wait, almost excited", the boy infront of me states with a big grin on his face and one eyebrow raised.

"Excited to wipe that smirk of your face? Yeah, very much", I fire back.

Pan turns around and grabs some weapons. I also turn around and take of my cloak, handing it to Felix with a smile. "Hold this for me, will you?"

He gives me a small smile back, but the smile never reaches his eyes. I turn around while trying to take out the dagger, only to find out it is not with me.

 "Looking for this princess?", Pan says while holding a familiar dagger. "That is mine, I kindly ask you to give it back to me."

"Sorry I cannot do that, I want an honest fight. You get this back later", he tells me while letting the dagger disappear in a black cloud, "maybe."

He hands me a sword instead. In his hand is one already.             I stand opposite from him, my sword in his direction. Pan does the same. The big smirk is still on his face.

"Let the fun begin."

Author POV:

The fight starts of very calm and decent. The duo barely comes close to eachother and keep up a good defense. Until Pan suddenly lashes out, striking Autumn's upper arm. A small cut is visible on the place he had just hit her.

She stumbles back a bit, still keeping her sword up. Pan quickly moves at her and kicks her knees, causing her to fall forward onto her knees.

"Giving up already love? You should really lock your knees."

The brown haired girl stands up and locks eyes with Felix, who gives her a reassuring nod. 

"Who said I was done yet pretty boy?"

Unexpectedly she turns around to Pan, who was now standing behind her and swings her sword. She cuts him on the cheek, some blood is starting to roll from his cheek.

Because of her sudden attack, the fight starts to get more intense. The boys around the duo has to take a step back. The two are lashing out to eachother but dodging easily. It is like a dance. They know the steps and they manage to put some elegance into it.

Neither one of them is ready to give up. Pan takes a step back and Autumn follows his move, catching her breath.

"You are better than I thought princess."

"I told you so."

Autumn POV:

While catching my breath I see the big smirk now turned into a smaller smirk, it has lost its confidence. So I am getting to you huh.

I am about to get back to step down when a memory flashes through my head.

Amir is standing infront of me, we were in a duel. I had almost lost but Amir gave me space. He thinks I am still catching my breath. I attack at full speed and manage to get him to his knees.

"So you forgot about your own rule", I mockingly say while helping him up. "Well, you got me there. Good job", he says giving me a proud smile. 

I know what to do. His third and last rule: never give the opponent space.

I put my sword back up. "You still got something left for me?"