"Equals"

Hi!

Some things the characters do, might not fit the idea you have of them. I am very much aware of that. 

Enjoy reading!

xoxo

--------------------------------------------------------

song recommendation: House of Memories - Panic! At The Disco

Author POV:

Pan and Autumn sat acros from eachother at the well. A few minutes passed since she drank the water. The wound on her face healed but a scar was still visible.

A question lingered in her head, repeating itself over and over, but she didn't have the guts to ask the smiling boy. Instead she stood up. Pan followed her action and grabbed her arm.

"I can walk by myself", she chuckled at his movements.

"Well you're welcome. If I hadn't helped you out, you'd be dead by now."

Autumn swallowed her words, biting her tongue. "Thank you for your help but I know there is a price Pan. And don't lie to me", she hesitantly said.

With a sigh he let go of her arm, turned around, and walked away from the well. "Don't you dare to walk away from me Peter", she shouted and ran after him. This time she grabbed his arm, making him face her.

"I am done with you not telling me everything", her voice sounded angry. 

"The price is you can't leave Neverland without me or my permission", he quickly said and turned around again, shaking her hand of his arm.

"Wait, I couldn't leave anyway so why does it matter?" she asked, none of this making sense to her. 

"Indeed but if you had the thougt of leaving and you succeeded that plan, you would have been fine. But now if you succeed you are dead anyway", he explained, still walking while she just stood there. "Now come on, there is still a lot to do."

She let his words sink in for a moment and than started walking the same route as he did. Not long after, she caught up with him. 

They walked next to eachother in silence for a while, the only sound were from the forest and their footsteps. When they almost arrived at camp Pan spoke up once more.

"I know you want to leave Autumn, but you can't. You stay on the island because you are not loved, your home is here. You belong here and nowhere else", he stated, his voice sounding more like a threat.

Autumn POV:

His words make my skin crawl and send shivers down my spine. The boy who hid behind a tree with me is no longer the same boy.

This is someone I don't know. Something evil. This version of Peter makes me nauseous, wanting to leave even more.

"I'm sorry that you are so focused on yourself and your pathetic island that you don't see how most of us are suffering and some of us even loved", I tell him.

 With those words I walk into the camp and I see some boys staring at us. I walk up to Felix who is eating an apple, to help him with our assigned tasks. 

I nod at him that I'm okay and he hands me a bow. "These have to be tested", he tells me, "Also good for your bottled up anger", he says, grining once more. I take the bow with a smile and pick up an arrow. 

"What do you want me to shoot?"

He takes a bite from his apple and holds it up. "This."

He throws it in the air and with a simple movement I shoot it out of the air. "I think this one works fine", I look at him as he stands up to grab the apple, now pierced with an arrow. "Yes I agree", he smiles from underneath his hood.