1

"Ellie wake up." My big brother, Ashton yelled and bursted through my bedroom door.

"I'm up I'm up. No need to be aggressive." I said and locked my phone and got out of bed.

"Yeah there is, you're the heaviest sleeper on the planet." He said matter of factly and went down the hall to his room to finish getting ready.

After laying in my bed for a few more minutes I got up and went to take a shower. When I got out I got ready in my room and then went down to eat breakfast with Ashton.

Ashton was my half brother, so we didn't look alike at all. He looks like his dad, at least that's what our mom has always said. And I look like my mom. I had chocolate brown, thick and curly hair, which I guess was somewhat similar to his. But then I had her pale blue eyes and her facial features. I had gotten some things from my dad, but nothing too significant I'd say.

But basically we don't look alike at all, and sometimes if we were in public with just us two, people would mistake us for a couple. It was weird at first, but then it happened more frequently so we ended up joking around with people.

"How's the band going Ash?" My dad asked when the two of us came downstairs to eat.

"It's okay, we still need a lead singer though." He said and started devouring the breakfast my dad had made.

"You all can sing though." I said and slowly ate my food form across the table.

"Yeah but it's just missing. Michael and Calum have great voices but you can just tell another one is missing." He said passionately with his mouth full of food.

"I think you guys sound great." I admitted and shrugged my shoulders.

"Tell that to Calum." He said with a smirk which made me roll my eyes.

"Would you stop with that?" I asked and dropped my fork on my plate as I reached across the table to slap him.

"Come on he likes you and you're being a bitch." He said which made me scoff.

"It's not my fault that I don't like him. Trust me if I could I would. I love him, just not in the way he might want me to." I said and stood up to put my dishes in the sink.

"Well you should." He said and followed me into the kitchen.

"He flirts with me too much, that's why he likes me more than he should." I said matter of factly and got a water bottle from the fridge.

"Calum's a good guy Elle, it wouldn't be such a bad thing." My dad said and gave me an approving look.

"I'm not dating Calum, end of story." I said and grabbed my car keys and headed out the door.

________________________________

When I got to school I walked up to the second floor to go to my locker and get all of my stuff situated for the day when I heard my best friend call for me down the towards the end of the hallway.

"Elle guess what?" Mallory said excitedly and ran towards me.

"What?" I asked and gave her an amusing look.

"Jake asked for my number." She said and let out a squeal.

"Probably to ask for the answers to tonight's homework." I said and gave her a look as I closed my locker and started walking to our first class.

"You always ruin everything. Why can't you be more like Hallie?" She whined and slouched her shoulders.

"Because Hallie gets you too optimistic and then you end up heartbroken. I seem like a bitch but really I'm just doing you a favor." I said and looked down at her.

I was pretty tall for the girls at my school. I'm only 5'8 but it's still pretty tall compared to the other girls. That's most of the reason why I'm a pitcher.

"Well at least she gives me hope." She said and walked into our classroom that was only half full.

"False hope. He's a football player, football players are trash. He seriously makes me vomit just at the mere sight of him." I said and made a disgusted face as we sat down at our desks.

"He's so hot though." She said with a sigh and leaned her head down on the table.

"He's not. I don't know why everyone's so
obsessed with him. He's an asshole, he's pretentious, he's cocky, he's rude, and he only wants sex. Do you want that?" I asked and she just rolled her eyes at me and lifted her head up.

"No." She muttered and took out her notebook and a pencil.

"Exactly, so date Ashton." I said and she just groaned.

"I'm not dating your brother oh my god." She said loudly.

"He's perfect for you come on. He's actually a sweetheart and you know it too. You know how sweet he was to his last girlfriend." I said matter of factly.

"Just because I know he's boyfriend material does not mean I like him. That's like you with Calum." She said which made me give her a dirty look because yeah, she was kinda right.