18

Eleanor's POV*

  I woke up in the middle of the night to Luke tossing and turning and mumbling something in his sleep. I sat up and rubbed my eyes just to make sure I wasn't dreaming or something. When I realized I wasn't dreaming I tried to wake him up by shaking him but it didn't seem to be working.

"Lu? Luke wake up." I said loud enough so that he could hear but not too loud for everyone else to hear.

"Luke... Luke baby wake up." I said and shook him which made him jolt up and start panting.

"Hey hey you're okay. Come here you're okay." I said softly and he spun his head towards me and held a look of fear in his eyes. I opened my arms for him and he quickly clung onto me and buried his face in the crook of my neck while he breathed heavily.

"It's okay, you're okay. I'm here baby don't worry, everything's okay." I said softly and ran my fingers through his hair and held him tightly.

  As I whispered comforting words in his ear I felt his breathing slowly slow down. Whatever dream he had must've been pretty bad. I've never seen him like this before. I mean we've only had maybe one or two sleepovers but this has never happened before.

"Are you okay?" I asked once his breathing went back to normal and he seemed to have calmed down.

"I-I think so." He stuttered out and lifted his head from my shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked and moved his hair out of his face and turned on my fairy lights so I could see his face better.

"I um... I get nightmares sometimes. I-I haven't gotten one in a while so I t-thought I got better." He stuttered and frantically looked around the room.

"You get nightmares? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked softly and gave him a worried look.

"I haven't gotten one in a couple weeks. I didn't think it was worth mentioning." He said softly and bit down and played with his lip ring.

"Of course it was worth mentioning. Come here, do you want to talk about it? I find that that helps, it helps me when I get nightmares." I said and pulled him closer to me as I rested my back against my pillows.

"It's just the car accident. It just repeats in my head. Sometimes it would be what my dad would do to us but most of the time it was the car accident. I used to get them more frequently but as time passed they slowly got a little bit better. It was an every night thing for years, but for a while now it was every few nights and then eventually they stopped for a bit." He said and laid his head on my chest and held onto me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry that this is haunting you. It's going to get better, it has to get better I promise you. You just have to go through it in order to get past it." I said and massaged his head and played with his hair to calm him down the best I could.

"I'm sorry if I freaked you out or something." He said softly and sat up to look at me.

"No no no, don't be sorry. You didn't scare me or anything, I was just worried about you. Don't be sorry, it's not your fault." I said and kissed his cheek and his forehead and pulled him back down to lay with me.

"Do you want to try and go back to sleep?" I asked softly and held him tightly.

"Yeah." He whispered and curled up in a ball and cuddled close to me.

"Okay. I'm here, just remember that I'm here with you." I said reassuringly and repeatedly kissed the top of his head.

  I didn't let myself fall asleep until I knew he was sleeping, just in case he needed me for something. But when I heard his breathing slow down and soft snores escape his lips I allowed myself to fall asleep.

________________________________

  The next morning Luke and I woke up to my alarm bright and early. We were both exhausted from the long night we had.

"Are you okay?" I asked groggily once we had both stretched and tried to wake up some more.

"Yeah I'm okay." He mumbled and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. I always loved his morning voice, it was just so god damn hot.

"Let's get ready for school." I said and got up from my bed and went to the bathroom.

  After I changed and did my makeup and went to the bathroom and turned on my straightener and sectioned my thick hair. Luke came over and stood behind me so I turned around and looked up at him as if to ask what he was doing. He played a gentle kiss on my temple and reached over to the counter and picked up my straightener.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a small smile as he picked up my brush.

"I'm straightening your hair." He said and brushed through the section of hair and split it in half.

"Please don't burn me." I said and faced the mirror and watched him as he straightened my hair exactly how I did it.

"I'll try not to." He said and played with his lip ring as he ran the straightener over my curls and made them straight.

  He looked so cute while he was concentrating so hard, so I just had to take a ton of pictures of him. He didn't even notice I was taking pictures of him because he was so focused which made it even cuter.

"I meant to ask you something last night." He said after he had finished straightening my hair and unplugged my straightener.

"Okay." I said and leaned my back on against the counter and crossed my arms over my chest as I looked at him.

"Will you go on a date with me tomorrow?" He asked nervously which immediately made me smile. Once he saw that I was smiling he smiled back at me.

"I thought you were busy tomorrow?" I asked and pushed myself off the counter.

"You're more important." He said and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear while my cheeks got warm.

"You have me all day tomorrow." I said and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Let's go or else we'll be late." He said and. tried to walk out of the bathroom.

"Wait." I said and took his shirt in my hands and pulled him closer to me. When he was standing fully in front of me I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down for a long kiss. It got a bit heated, but after a few minutes he pulled away with swollen lips which I'm sure were identical to mine.

"We need to make that a morning ritual." He said and I started cracking up as I followed him out of the bathroom.