42

My first game was today. Luke was coming, but then he had to go straight to the gig they had about an hour or so away. Me and the girls are probably gonna go too, we just might be a few minutes late.

  He had to be early and set everything up so hopefully we wouldn't be that late.

"I just want to lay in bed." I groaned and laid flat on my back like a starfish.

"You have to go, you're one of the most important players." Luke said and pulled at my ankles to pull me off the bed.

"Softball is kicking my ass." I whined and looked up at him with a pout.

"I know and it's doing a good job at it too." He said and hit my butt as I walked over to put my sneakers on.

"I want to die." I said and laid on the floor after I had tied my shoes.

"You just have a couple months left until your tournament and then you'll be done until next March." He said and picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"That's a couple months straight of four hours of softball a day. Why did I sign up for this?" I groaned as he carried me downstairs.

"Because you love softball." He said and put me down so I could get my bag from the closet and fill it with water bottles from the fridge.

"Softball doesn't love me." I pouted and tightened my ponytail before I picked up my bag and went to bring it out to the car.

"I love you though." He said with a smile as he followed me out of the house and to Ashton's car. Me, Luke, Ashton, and Mallory were all going together. Then me and Mallory were driving back with Charlotte and Hallie so we could all get ready for tonight.

"Yeah." I sighed and closed the trunk of the car after putting my bag in the back.

"Don't sound so disappointed." He said with an offended look on his face which made me laugh a bit.

"I'm definitely not." I said and went on my tippy toes to give him a kiss, which ended up getting pretty heated.

"Stop making out and get in the car you nasties." Ashton complained as he came outside.

"You're just mad your girlfriend isn't here to make out with you." I said and went to the backseat of the car and sat down next to Luke.

"She will be just you wait." He said and started the car.

"You better focus on the road. I can't die yet." I scolded and felt Luke pull me over to the middle seat so I was closer to him.

"I think your life is pretty much complete by now." He teased and pulled out of the driveway.

"Don't kill my girl just cause you're mad." Luke said and protectively wrapped his arms around me.

"See you'll be hurting this sweet and innocent little baby by killing me. Do you want that?" I asked and looked over at Ashton as I caressed Luke's jaw.

"You guys are gross. You're lucky I'm not throwing you out of the car right now." He said and made a disgusted face.

"I'm your sister remember." I said and punched his arm as hard as I could.

"Oh my god ow! That's gonna leave a bruise!"He yelled and rubbed his arm which made me and Luke laugh.

"Wimp." I mumbled and leaned my head on Luke's shoulder.

"Your punches do hurt though." Luke muttered which made Ashton agree with him.

"Well I'm a pitcher so I should have a strong arm." I said and kicked my feet on the console in front of me.