2: Dissed on the Stage

(Selena...)

Selena smoothes out her shiny blue dress, she was going to be performing her new song- the one about Nick. It hit 146 million in just 29 hours! 

She was squealing with delight, but on the inside, she was wondering what Nick was thinking. Did he hear the song? You bet he did.

Her manager came inter her dressing room behind the venue, telling her to break a leg as she got up on the stage. "Oh, this is going to be fun, Aleen, I promise- I might break a leg because I'm too HAPPY!"

Aleen laughed, "Oh, sure, you might need the leg to celebrate, Selena, so don't break it literally," Selena laughed and spun around, "Oh we can do this all day!" Aleen laughed and ushered her below the stage, "Come on, girl!" 

"Give it up for..." Kelly yelled into the mic. "SELENA, GOMEZ!"

Selena climbed up the stage, with the help of some guys, of course. She gave a quick hug as the intro to Same Old Love came on. She gave a few kisses to the fans in front of the stage and placed her mic on the mic stand as she started singing.

Take away your things and go
You can't take back what you said, I know
I've heard it all before, at least a million times
I'm not one to forget, you know

The crowd oohed because they all knew that it was about Nick- Selena ignored and hit the pre-chorus. She knew he was out there somewhere...

I don't believe, I don't believe it
You left in peace, left me in pieces
Too hard to breathe, I'm on my knees
Right now

The dancers behind her popped up on the stage and started to dance to the bop;

I'm so sick of that same old love, that shit, it tears me up
I'm so sick of that same old love, my body's had enough
Oh-oh-oh (that same old love)

I'm so sick of that same old love, feels like I've blown apart
I'm so sick of that same old love, the kind that breaks your heart
Oh-oh-oh (that same old love)

(Nick...)

Nick, sitting in the crowd with his chin on his palms and elbow on his knees sighed as Joe patted his back. He was trying to keep a straight face as he considered the lyrics. The verse truly hurts me, he breathed slowly as Selena continued with the song.

I'm not spending any time, wasting tonight on you
I know, I've heard it all
So don't you try and change your mind
'Cause I won't be changing too, you know

"Damn it!" he yelled in frustration under his breath. Joe heard and chuckled, "She just made our plan harder and harder by each lyric she sings in that song, doesn't she?" 

Nick nodded in approval, afraid to say that Joe was right. What if she doesn't want to help me out? He wandered off once more. He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder and looked behind him to see a smiling Khalid.

"I feel bad for you, man," he said, Nick put on a brave face and smiled. "But at least the song hit a bop- you don't want someone writing a lame song that's about you." Nick laughed and turned around as Khalid focused on the performance once more.

I'm so sick of that, so sick of that love

Nick sighed, the worst part of the song. It was intimidating to him. He tried to block out the noise, but it clearly wasn't working. 

The stan cam suddenly showed Nick's face as the song ended. He squinted up at the screen realizing that it was him- "No way," said Joe trying to lean out of the cam's reach. It didn't work, eventually, and everyone let out some oohs and ahs. A few people patted Nick on the shoulder as he tried to hide his face.