13: The Kiss

"Nick-"

"Shh," Nick shushed, continuing to kiss her. He pressed himself onto her as he pushed her into the wall. He continued to kiss her until she pushed him off of her. "What the hell was that for!?" she hissed, he was slightly taken aback.

"The kiss- was for you," He stuttered. Selena arched her eyebrows and frowned, "Nick, I don't love you anymore- you can stop acting now-"

"That wasn't acting, Sel, I think I like you again-" Nick paused. "Actually, I take that back-" Selena sighed a sigh of relief- "I love you-" Selena nearly puked; "Okay- I'm sorry to break your heart but I don't like you anymore, Nick, and if you want to make sure I'm not lying, go and listen to the goddamn song I wrote about you!"

She was about to leave when Nick grabbed her wrists and pulled her back, "Nick let go," she said, boldly. Nick shook his head, "I know you're scared, Selena- You don't trust me anymore-"

"I never trusted you!" Selena yelled, making Nick's eyes widen, scared that Paul or Denise would hear. "Shh- not too loud!" Nick hushed, pulling Selena upstairs by her wrists. 

Once he got up there Selena refused to go in, "No, Nick, I am not going in there with you," Selena said, pulling her hand out of Nick's. Nick slumped his hands down to the sides in defeat and tilted his head at Selena, "You're scared that you'll fall in love with me again?"

"No!" said Selena, a little taken aback. "I- why do you want me to go in there with you?!"

"So you can scream at me without my parents hearing," Nick said, calmly shrugging. Selena crinkled her eyebrows, "Hello? Are you Nick Jonas?"

Nick chuckled, "Yes, I am still Nick Jonas- it doesn't matter if you don't like me, but I love you and I know that you have stuff in there that you want to express," Nick said, tapping Selena's forehead.

"Cheesy," Selena said, crossing her arms. "Fine," she brushed past Nick who was smiling slightly. 

"Fire at me," Nick said, once he made sure the door was locked. "Why'd you lock the door!?" Selena snapped, making Nick shake his head in amusement. "No reason, fire at me," he said, smirking. 

"I can't, I don't have anything in here!" she said, tapping her forehead, making Nick chuckle again.

"Okay," Nick sat down on the bed pulling Selena with him. "Hey- stop- no!" She started, but Nick had a finger to her lips. "You need to hear what I have to say," Nick soothed. Selena moved so she could be a distance away from Nick.

"I know you don't have faith in me-" Nick started. "You don't trust me to think that I trust you in anything you do-"

"It's because you don't!" Selena emphasized. 

Nick cocked his eyebrow, "What do you mean, I loved you- and I still do- but you don't seem to understand that in any way!"

Selena cringed, "What!? I am the most understanding person in the whole entire world- like when I agreed to come all the way to Texas with you, just for your mom! Think about that, Nick!"

"I know," Nick said, glancing away. "I understand and I thank you for that, Selena. But the thing is, you do know that not everything is perfect, and just so you know, I never got with anyone else rather than you for the last two years!"

Selena rolled her eyes, "Yeah, duh!"

"Don't use that tone with me," Nick said, slightly annoyed. "But I just knew that if I did this, I think we'd have a chance." He smiled, but Selena's mouth dropped open. 

"You did this- on purpose!?" she yelled, getting up.

"No- what- no!" Nick tensed, getting up, too.

"Yeah, why'd you say it like that then!?" Selena yelled backing away from him. 

Nick pressed his lips together and said back, calmly, "I just chose the wrong set of words to say- but what I really meant was that I knew that I still like- loved you, even though you don't trust me, I still love and trust you with all my heart and I just wanted you to know that."

Nick finished, making Selena stand still in awe. She shook her head, "No, you know I can't, I don't want myself to get hurt for the... sixth time, Nick, I don't want this-"

"I'm sorry for doing that to you-" He started, moving closer to Selena, who was standing still. "I just want you to give me another chance- a chance to prove myself," Nick was now about three inches away from Selena, who noticed and inched backward, her back colliding with the door.

"Ah-" she gasped, looking up at Nick, who was now right in front of her. He unbuttoned about three of his buttons, and his chest was showing.

Both of his hands found their way to Selena's waist and grabbed them, his lips brushing onto Selena's. His tongue was trying to find its way into Selena's mouth, but she wouldn't budge. After about two seconds, Selena put her hands on his chest, pushing him away.

"Stop-" her hands tried to grasp for the doorknob, but Nick grabbed both of them and his lips came into contact with Selena's neck. "Seriously, Nick, stop- I don't love you anymore, and just accept that!" Nick was slightly taken aback by the sudden rise of her voice. 

"Jesus!" she cursed, pushing his chest hard, making him fall back onto the bed. 

He sat himself up, seeing Selena whirl her way out of the room.

God damn it, Nick, you should've just went for it, you know she can't stand you, Nick thought to himself, shaking his head.

Nick could hear Denise and Paul's voice down in the kitchen, they were 'welcoming her back into the kitchen' like they always did.

He could hear Selena and Demi talking in hisses, not a single word was taken out of the conversation. Nick stood up, brushing himself off and wiping his lips- 

The lips that had just been kissing Selena's plump ones.

Word Count: 1011