10: Like I do

Olivia

I walked through the club- well, it was my new workplace now. I work as... I work as a hooker. It was a lot better than the job at the airports because people actually didn't care about the fact that an airline has a hooker working there.

I was happier with my job here because people actually thought this makes sense. Everyone would always ask me; Where do you work? And then I'd tell them that I was working on an airplane. Then, they'll ask me; What do you work as? Flight attendant? I always took that as an insult because I don't think flight attendants are important. So I tell them I work as a hooker. Then they try to hold back their laughter and say; Good for you.

I walked through the club; it was my first night on the job, I doubt I could get out the word that I was the hooker here.

As I walked, I saw someone's broad back. The guy's back was muscular as it stretched inside his silk button-up shirt. He was with someone; it was either him who was single or the other guy that was single.

As I approached him, the other guy got up, and left his seat, leaving this a great opportunity to find out if he was single, or married. 

I strut towards the bar and the bartender gave me a small wave, sorta like ushering me over. I smiled and sat down. 

Once I sat down, I could see him more clearly; he has a skinny face, his hair was gelled back neatly. I could see a few freckles a little below his right eye and a little cute mole on the side of his neck. The tattoos on his forearm were a little shocking to me, it kinda said; Mercy, in cursive. He had two tattoos, I noticed as he sipped his beer; they were weird symbols and... math?

The bartender; which I knew, closely, asked for my order. 

"I'll take the Limoncello Mule," I said, politely. He nodded and turned his back. My head turned sideways to see him staring at me through his beer bottle. I giggled to myself, he looked pretty handsome; I gathered the courage and whispered, "Hey."

I saw him twitch from his beer bottle as I said it, he's probably wanting to kill himself for staring at me and making me notice.

"Hi," he said back, his voice cracking a little. When he turned his full attention to me, his facial expression was shocked. I was shocked too, but I played it cool. Inside, I was smirking to myself, "I didn't think I'd see you again," I said, playing around with my words as I bat my eyelashes at him. I could see he was starting to sweat.

Nick

I cleared my throat- That girl was literally burning holes in the back of my head! 

"Yeah, I- I didn't think I'd see you, too," I said, stuttering. She was staring at me, lamely, so I thought that she was ushering for a proper greeting. I extended my hand out, and the moment I did, I think I wet myself.

She giggled and took a sip of her drink. I took my hand back and scratched my head, that was the most awkward handshake ever. Why did she have to reject me like that!? 

I took a sip of MY beer to avoid the tension and she pulled away from her drink, folding her hands neatly on her lap as she faced me, "What are you doing here?" she asked, saving me from doing anything else that was too embarrassing. 

"My brother Joe brought me here, actually," I said, gesturing over to Joe with his group of friends and band members. "I have no idea what I'm doing here, really," I chuckled, taking a sip of my beer. 

She nodded, she seemed unconvinced as she took a sip, "Is it not because you're trying to forget her?" I jerked at the question, "What?" I said, gripping my beer bottle. She giggled and turned her full attention to me; "I said, is it not because you're trying to forget about the girl who broke your heart?"