19: The New Part of Denise

Hi, I am so sorry that I have not been posting a lot, but I just wanted to tell you that there's this new book I've been reading; The Fabulous Fours, and it involves Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, Selena Gomez, and none other than Zayn Malik

It is a very interesting book, and it has many genres like Humor, Mystery, FanFiction, and a teeny bit of Romance.

I have caught up reading, but have finally brought myself to finish this book.

If any of you are interested in reading it, please god check it out, and I will put the trailer at the bottom.

Here's your chapter!

Nick made his way down to the kitchen, wiping his hair with his hands, water trickling down his wrist. Selena was already down, and was sitting at the kitchen island, taking tiny bites out of the pancakes. He sat next to her.

"Why're you eating like that? Take actual bites," he told her, grudgingly. She gave him a scathing look and took a large bite of her pancake. She swallowed and turned to him, "Your mom nearly caught us," she said, thickly.

Nick's eyes widened, "What do you mean?" he asked, quickly.

"I mean that your mom nearly caught us on the fact that we're pretending that we're still a couple. Somehow, HollywoodLife won't let it through. They're still reporting about it."

Nick sighed, rubbing his temple. "We can't let her find out," he said, banging his fists frustratingly on the table. Selena flinched a little. "Can't we do something about it?" he asked her, a somewhat pleading note in his voice.

"What? Dow hat, what am I supposed to do?" she asked him, putting down her fork aggressively.

Nick stared at her. "You know... ACTUALLY go out with me again. I promise," he said quickly, seeing the look of utter dread on Selena's face, "I'll change, and we can fix whatever problem we have together. I still love you, Selena, and I want to be with you again-- I can't live without you. You're like oxygen to me, and more than that, and without you, I wouldn't be me. Half of me is gone when I don't have you. So will you please, please, think about it?"

Selena gulped as Nick got down on his knees, taking her soft hands in his own, staring at her calmly through his own brown orbs. (They both have brown eyes)

"I-- I don't--"

Before she could say anything else, chomping footsteps came from the hall. A red-faced Denise came stomping in, an iPad in her hands, hands trembling as she stared at the two people in front of her.

"How-- I cannot-- Nicholas-- How could you!?" she asked in fury as Nick got off the floor. "You lied to me- RIGHT IN MY FACE! And you, Selena! Don't ever think I would want to see you again? Pretending to date- oh, please if I knew you weren't, I would never allow you to come. How could you pretend-- I cannot believe any of this is fake--"

"Because it isn't mom!" Nick said, moving towards his mother. Denise raised a hand, "No. No more lies!" she yelled, attempting to keep her voice calm. "You two can get out of my house! Joe and Demetria with be following along behind-- I WANT YOU TO GET OUT OF MY FACE--"

"Honey, what's going on?" asked a voice, coming into the room. Paul, Nick's dad, came walking in, a bread poking out of this mouth as his hands held a mug.

Denise turned around, "Your son was faking. With this woman--" she cast a gnarled finger in Selena's direction, "This. Whole. TIME!"

Selena started to cry, "Please, we didn't want to, but when Nick said that you were going to be devastated--"

"I AM DEVESTATED! HOW COULD YOU TWO BREAK UP--"

"People break up, we had our problems," Nick sighed, wiping his face in frustration. "But that wouldn't concern--"

"--I WANTED THIS FAMILY TO HAVE A PEACEFUL HOLIDAY, AND YOU TWO COME IN AND--"

"You invited us, mom," Nick said through his mother's shouts. "If I'd known--"

"--THERE WAS NO NEED FOR YOU TO ACT LIKE SOME STUPID-- WHAT IS THIS? BREAK-UPS, AND WHY IS HIS FACE ON THAT HUGE SCREEN, HUH?"

"I WOULDN'T HAVE COME IF I'D KNOWN BETTER!" Nick roared, making his mother shut up in a snap, looking wildly at Nick. "I DON'T CARE OKAY? CAN YOU NOT-- SHUT UP WITH THE SHOUTING-- I DIDN'T WANT THIS! D'YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD'VE CARED AT ALL? I DON'T GIVE A SINGLE SHIT ABOUT--"

"MIND YOUR TONE!" boomed Paul, whose voice was so loud, it drowned Nick's cries. "We are a family," he said again, putting down the cup of coffee. "We do not yell at each other-- if there is a reason to yell, we will talk it out with the rest of the family. Where is Joseph?"

"Bedroom," said Denise, coldly, staring at Nick.

"Yes, we will call him and we will have a normal family discussion. You boys will not behave like this in my house-- under my roof-- if he have anything we need to sort out-- any affairs-- we will sort it out without yelling, alright?" 

Selena sniffed loudly and wiped her tears, walking away, past Denise, who stuck her nose in the air, forcing herself not to cry. Nick stood rooted to the spot as Paul gave Denise an assuring pat on the shoulder and walked out after Selena.

___ ___ ___

Please don't forget to vote!

Hope you liked this one.  I tried to make it as interesting as possible. The idea came to me about through a meeting with my teacher. 

Here is the promised trailer- 

Book 1

Book 2

This one isn't out yet, so... Yeah, I supposed I'll be ready for it!