7: Denise

(Nick- his seat...)

Nick picked up his luggage as the pilot announced that they were landing in just a few minutes. He hurried to the front of the plane, sitting himself down next to Selena, who gave him a cold glare.

She didn't question the fact that he sat next to her because she knew that Nick's father would be coming in to check on them soon.

"You still mad?" she said slowly, scared he would pounce. 

Nick sighed into his fist, trying to hide his disappointment in them.

"Hey, look at me-"

"No, okay- please don't try to talk out of this one, it's not gonna work!" he snapped at her, making her flinch.

"No, I'm talking. We're over, you can't expect me to love you after a break-up!" she said, Nick stayed quiet in his seat. "If you asked me if I loved you, of course, I did- but that was last time! It's all in the past, you-" she prodded his chest. "Need to get out of the past-"

Nick looked away, trying to hide his tears. Too late, they rolled down his cheeks and Selena wiped them with her thumb, her hands lingering onto his face.

"Nick- you need to hold on to this thing- not us," she added, in case Nick thought of something different.

"I- I know- I just... Nevermind," he stammered and gave up, looking the other way as Selena's hands fell limb.

"Guys, stop loving each other- Woah, are you crying?!" he said, falling back as Nick's eyes widen, trying to wipe anything left of his face.

"What? No- no, no I'm not crying-" he stuttered as he wiped his eyes. Selena tried to muffle her laughter, "I- I just got some... air in my eyes and- yeah, I'm not crying." 

Paul chuckled and slapped his son's back and pulled him up, "Come on, we gotta get to your mother. She's waitin' for you- and especially you, Selena," he winked at Selena as Nick buckled his seatbelt- they were landing in a few seconds.

Paul sat down and buckled as the pilot talked into the loudspeaker- "Everyone ready for landing?" 

Nick checked Selena's seatbelt and Paul checked his own.

The plane landed a short while after and Nick, Paul, and Selena got off the plane.

Nick carried Selena's bags for her as they walked towards the black Mercedez Benz waiting for them in front of the plane.

"Ladies first," said Paul, holding Nick back as Selena stepped into the car. She smiled sweetly at both of them.

"Thanks, Mr. Jonas-"

"It's dad- don't call me Mr. Jonas," Paul winked at her and Nick rolled his eyes- without letting his father see, of course.

"Right- off we go, Selena, babe- you comfortable?" he asked her. She nodded and Paul smiled at his son's caring attitude.

"Yeah, I'm okay- there's so much room here, actually." Selena shifted in her spot and Nick smiled.

"You guys ready?" asked the driver from the front of the car.

Paul got into the front seat and nodded, "Right, here we go-"

The car zoomed out of the airport and drove down Texas.

The city was beautiful, just as Nick remembered it. He lived there for about 3/4th of his life. Selena also lived here, but she moved to New York quickly after.