15: Jerry

Don't forget to vote!

The rest of the night went smooth for Nick; who obviously tried to take his chance whenever he could, but Selena- not so much. 

Selena didn't like that thought of Nick liking her. Loving her.

Family starting coming, Nick and Selena were supposed to be greeting his grandparents and his aunts and uncles. 

"Nicholas, my boy, how you doin'?" Jerry said, giving Nick a hug. He pulled back and ruffled Nick's hair, "How's my little rockstar doing?"

"Pap, I'm not a little boy anymore, you can stop calling me that," Nick said, a little annoyed. Jerry laughed and turned to Selena, "Hey, Selena, I missed you-" Selena smiled as she hugged Jerry. She glanced at Nick over his shoulder- he was staring at her, dreamily. She glared at him and scrunched her nose.

They pulled apart and Jerry walked into the kitchen, leaving Selena and Nick waiting for some more guests. "Hey, my little ravioli!" they heard him say to Valentina, who laughed jolly.

"How'd he smell?" Nick asked, trying not to laugh. "I saw your face, I know you smelled something." Nick was trying to act normal.

"He smelled like grandpa," Selena said, scrunching up her nose. Nick laughed and she managed a little smile at how cute he was. 

"He is a grandpa, I don't blame him for smelling like one," Nick scratched the back of his neck as he looked down at his feet. "How many more people do we have to greet?" Selena said, after a few awkward seconds of silence.

"I don't know," Nick said, shrugging slightly.

"Let's just go then-"

"Wait," Nick said, grabbing Selena's arm. She turned back, a little fear in her eyes. "Uh- I don't think my Aunt May is here yet, we should probably wait for her..." Nick slowly let go of Selena, making his arm fall limp beside him.

"Okay then," Selena sighed, taking her place next to Nick.

Nick

I stared at the back of her head as she waited for my Aunt to come. 

"Um... you hungry yet?" I asked, rocking back and forth on my heels, trying not to be too awkward. 

"No," Selena said. "Oh, okay," I nodded, even though she couldn't see me.

After about 3 more minutes of silence and no opening of doors, Selena spoke up, "Are you even sure that this 'Aunt May' of yours is coming?" She said, swiftly turning around to look at me. My eyes widened and she noted, raising her eyebrows, she testified, "Is she even... real?"

"Um... yeah-" I cleared my throat so I didn't sound too high. "Of course- she's, she's real," I stuttered, so clearly, making Selena raise her eyebrows, "Are you... sure?"

I took a deep breath as I stiffly stood at my spot, "Um... no, no she's not-" I said, and Selena groaned, giving me a hard punch, "That-" she gave me another one. "Is for lying right in front of my face!"

She gave me another one and walked off into the hallway, "You think I didn't know Spiderman!?"

I chuckled under my breath, hoping she wouldn't hear me.

***

Making her way back to the kitchen, Selena thought to herself, Stupid piece of shit... I don't even know why I agreed to help him.

Sorry, I haven't been able to update this story- a little busy on my other account 

Go read my other story on @_name_jonas; Missing Song, Gomez Obsession, and The Other guy