1: Same Old Love

(Please pretend that this song isn't written for Justin Bieber)

"You don't understand!" Yelled Selena from the other side of the room. Nick and Selena had been in an on-and-off relationship for about 2 years now- this is one of their many arguments, just in a different version, and each time it's caused by either Nick or Selena.

This time; it's trust.

"What do you mean I don't understand?!" Nick shot back, clenching his fists. "I want anything that's best for you, it's you who doesn't understand anything I try to say!" 

Selena covered her forehead with her palms and sighed, "You know what- if you don't trust me, this whole thing is off, I don't wanna see your stupid face anymore, Nick! Just- get out!" 

Nick sighed in frustration and grabbed his suitcase. He threw in some clothes and stormed out the door. 

Selena began crying as Nick slammed the door shut- she didn't think the relationship was gonna last any longer- Nick didn't trust her with anything she did. 

She covered her face with her hands as she sobbed, "I'm over it," she told herself through the sobs. "And there's one way to get over it-" She got up and went into the bathroom to wash up, she didn't want her eyes to be puffy. 

(Nick...)

He walked out of the lobby and put his suitcase in the trunk- he was going to visit Joe. He, like Selena, didn't think the relationship would last longer, either. He wasn't agreeing on what Selena thought was a 'great idea'. It had been their fourth time breaking up in the past 2 years, but this time, Nick knew nothing would ever bring them together this time. 

As he drove to Joe's house he got a call from his mother- "Hey, mom," he said, trying not to make his voice crack. "What's u-up?" he said, his voice shaking. Her voice was cheery on the other end, "Nicholas, I'm doing good, how're you doing?" 

He wanted to tell her mom about the break-up that just happened but she cut him off, "Ah, Nick, I'm so glad you're happy, but I wanna just tell you that we're having a family vacation coming up, I want you to bring your girlfriend, Selena, I wanna see her! You two are so cute together and I would hate it if you two broke up..." 

Uh-oh, thought Nick. What am I supposed to tell mom now? She's obviously so happy that Selena is still with me, it would crush her if we broke up. He stammered into the phone, "M-mom, uh... we sorta... yeah we'll be there," he ended sighing. 

Selena was going to be pissed but she has to do it- he didn't like disappointing his mom. 

"Oh, Nick, I'm going to be so happy- I'll see you in three days then?" His mom said on the other end of the phone, happily. He smiled, he loved seeing his mom happy. "Yeah, we also have an award show coming up, we'll set off right after the award show, maybe!" 

That made his mom even happier, "Goody! Tell Sel that I send her my regards, also tell her we have a special surprise for her!"

He gave a fake laugh and said, "Oh yeah- that's so great I'll remember to tell her that, mom." He hung up on her before he could lie even more- he wasn't ever the type of person to lie. But he lies sometimes- at special circumstances like a robbery, or something. But he'd never lie about small things. 

(Selena...)

She held out the paper in front of her eyes and smiled to herself, This is going to be sweet revenge! She knew she better record and release before the award show that she was going to be having the day after tomorrow if she wanted it to hit the charts.