14: Over

Selena

I don't like him anymore. I don't. I mean- I'm OVER him. 

Why can't he understand that? Ugh, how embarrassing.

"Selena!" Denise said, I forced a fake smile, my neck was still burning from when Nick... misunderstood. "Hi, Deni-"

"It's mom, Selena, I don't want you to call me that," Denise quickly hugged me and pulled away. I nodded slowly and made my way to find Demi, I have to tell her what happened between me and Nick up there.

"Dems!" I hissed, looking around. She jerked to look at me, smiling toothily, "Hey, girl, how's it going?" 

I shook my head, "Not good."

"What?" Demi cocked her eyebrows at me, "What do you mean; not good?" 

"Nick still likes me-" I said, then I remembered that he scratched that- "He loves me, he still does- and I don't know what to do because-"

"You like him, too," Demi said, grinning like she just won the jackpot and a million dollars.

"No!" I hissed, offended. "I don't know what to do because I don't like him anymore- I'm over him, Dems!"

"Yeah, sure... what if, I set you guys up for SEX!" Demi said excitedly.

I arched my eyebrow like she was crazy, I then looked over at the cake she was decorating, "Did you taste too much icing?"

"No, Sel, I'm totally sugar-free-" Demi folded her arms across her chest and smirked at me, this is useless. 

"Okay, whatever..." I started to walk out into the hallway, bumping into someone- their cologne stringed my nostrils; Nick.

Nick

"Woah, you okay?" I said, steadying Selena by the shoulders. To my surprise, she just brushed past me like nothing ever happened. Actually, I wasn't surprised. 

I walked into the room, seeing Demi turn back to her cake. 

She noticed me walk in and turned around, smirking, "Nick, just the guy I was looking for, how was your day...?"

I raised my eyebrows, "I assume Selena's told you everything," I said in a very low voice, making Demi laugh. "Oh my god, yes! Yes, she has, that's awful- how are your feelings?"

"They are perfectly fine," I said, continuing with the low voice. "Just a little sad I didn't continue- AnYwAy- I'll see you later, gotta talk to Joe-"

"You're gonna tell everyone, aren't you?" Demi asked, smirking at me.

"Well- everyone apart from mom and dad- and Frankie," I added, still hesitant that Frankie found out the truth- he was only 14, of course, he might figure out one way or another.

"He'll find out, you know," Demi said as if she read my mind. I was not surprised by this.

"Yeah..." I trailed off and remembered, after a few seconds of silence, that I had to go find Joe. "Right- I better go," I turned my heel and walked out of the room.

***

"Joe, you still remember that nightclub we went to?" I said right when I walked into the room. Joe was on the ladder as he jerked his head around. "What're you talking about?" Joe asked, turning back to the wallpaper.

"I'm talking about that nightclub we went to the first day here-" I paused trying to think of the name of the nightclub. "Verdant, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, why?" Joe asked, still not paying attention to me.

"Because- I need to get some things off of my chest-" I said, making joe turn around, smiling. "I'm not taking you unless you tell me what these 'things' are."

I smirked and shook my head, looking down, "I was going to tell you anyway-"

"Alright- start from the very beginning-" Joe hopped down the few steps on the ladder and crossed his arms in front of me.

"So you know when Selena went out, right? You know- after we- fought-" I did few hand gestures and he nodded. "Yea, I kissed her."

"What- Okay, I was expecting it-"

"You were?"

"Yeah, I was," Joe said, confidentially.

"Alright- then I took upstairs, she told me she didn't like me anymore-" I paused for a breath, realizing that I was talking a bit too fast. "I told her to fire at me, asked her for a second- sixth chance- she said, no, she doesn't trust me," I paused. Joe nodded, telling me he was up to date.

"She tried to walk out, but I locked the door- I was legit THIS close-" I put my thumb and my index finger together. "To having sex with her," I finished. 

Joe's eyes widened, "And she just- ditched you like that?"

"Yep. I bumped into her, and she isn't phased one bit-" I said, slightly disappointed.

I guess Joe must've seen that ook because he put his hand on my shoulder, "We can't go tonight, man- family bonding thing, remember?" 

"Ugh, oh right. It's why we did all this shit in the first place," I said, laughing. Joe laughed along and he slapped my back, "Don't worry, we might go tomorrow night?" He suggested, his shoulders hunched. 

I nodded, "Sure, anything to get this off- I'm desperate, are you?"

"Ah, all these horny thoughts, such little time to express-"

"Shut up," I said, punching his shoulder.

"Sorry, you asked me," Joe reasoned. "I had sex last night, I'm fresh." 

I was jealous, it was the cons of not having a girlfriend.

"Fuck you, come on, let's get these done before dad kills us," I said, brushing past his shoulder for the table. 

I felt Joe smirk as he followed behind me.

Sorry, short one. I had to poop : /