Chapter 20

Raziel

Raziel was pacing back in forth in the room he was in. It was a living room, plain and furnished with just a couch and a coffee table. He did not need much and preferred the open space to walk. He was thinking aloud to himself. "Where are they? Jace and Clary could just not disappear from the face of the earth. They are hiding somewhere and not using any of their powers." Aldertree walked into the apartment with a bag of food which he placed on the coffee table.

"Raziel, are you alright? You look agitated."

"Why do you think I am so agitated? Jace and Clary are not in New York and Clary is about to give birth in a couple of months."

"Well, I have some information on them from one of my Shadowhunter friends. Jace took Clary to Idris, to the Herondale Manor. They have been quiet about it until brother Zachariah portaled to Idris. They believe that he married Jace and Clary. My spied discovered that Clary has her runes back and She activated Jace's through their angelical bond. He is technically a Shadowhunter again."

"I see. There is a plan that we can start working on. Maryse is going to insist that Jace has the newborn Shadowhunter ceremony performed on the child when it is born. We can wait until the baby is born, and they will go to have to go to the Accords Hall to have the ceremony performed. After all, this child will be a Herondale and it will be expected of Jace to have the ceremony performed. Your Shadowhunter friends can find out the day the ceremony is going to be performed and will be ready to capture Clary and the child then."

"This could work, but Jace is a Herondale and there are a lot of Shadowhunters that are loyal to his family and, his family will also be there."

"You will work out the details to carry out this plan. This plan will be a success as long as you do not fail at making the arrangements."

I grabbed the bag of food to see what Aldertree has brought for me. As I was eating, all I kept thinking was that soon Clary and that child will be dead.

Three Months Later

Jace

I reached over and Clary was gone from our bed. It was not daytime yet so I became worried. The bathroom door was closed which meant she was in there. I knocked calling her name and she finally opened the door.

"Clary, are you alright?"

"No, Jace. I went to use the bathroom and my water broke. The baby is coming today. Could you send a fire message to Magnus and let him know that I am in labor?"

"Sure, but let me get you into bed right now."

She was walking slow, but I got her into bed. I found my stele and paper and I wrote a fire message and sent it right away. My Clary is going to have my child. My love for her is stirring so strongly, but fear is also stirring. There have been stories of women dying during childbirth and I have to admit that it scares me. She is strong and I know she will be just fine, and I cannot give in to fear. Magnus portaled into the Manor along with the others. He went right up to the bedroom to check on Clary. He came down after a few minutes to let me know what was going on with her.

"How is Clary doing?"

"She is fine, Jace, there is nothing to worry about. She has a couple of hours before the baby comes."

"Good, I am going up to the room to stay by her side."

I went up to our room and went to Clary's side. Her forehead was drenched in sweat so I went and got her a cold, wet towel to put on her forehead. I held her hand and she would squeeze it every time she had a contraction. The contractions started coming very close together so I went downstairs to let Magnus know. We went upstairs and Clary was ready to give birth. She was pushing as hard as she could but was getting very tired since she has been like this all day.